[solved] Q: thumbnail creation for Pictures plugin (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm, LMH show video in latests? Strange, should show only pictures ..
    TBH I don´t agree ;)
    If you for example take photos and videos during a birthday, you´ll most likely put all those into one picture folder named e.g. "Andrews Birthday 2020" (;)) to have all media from that event together in one folder.
    Therefore it does make sense to also show the video thumbs in LMH as well ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    MyPictures not import video to database (if video extension not added by hand to MyPictures config - Pictures extension section)
    LMH get info from MyPictures DB, then LMH show only pictures.
    LMH get thumbs filename by MP procedure, this procedure return the thumb file name for both images and video since it is used by MyPictures, then should work in LMH to.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My folder structure:
    Yup, you can do that of course, but a loooong time ago the possibility to add (home) videos to MyPictures and play them there was implemented because a lot of users wanted it ;)
    if video extension not added by hand to MyPictures config - Pictures extension
    Yup, I added .mp4 as picture extension and they are played in MyPictures ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    but a loooong time ago the possibility to add (home) videos to MyPictures and play them there was implemented because a lot of users wanted it
    Yes and i see all my videos in MyPictures :)
    Yup, I added .mp4 as picture extension and they are played in MyPictures
    I dont add video extensions and all work fine for me :)
    1599229119443.png
    i see Video in MyPictures without problem :) due settings:
    1599229195451.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    There is no need to add extensions, if the switch is turned on in the settings, then the previews are created like that. I can show screenshots. Why there is no preview in LMH I do not know, the function is the same.

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, I am back guys. Things kinda settled here, so don't want to keep you waiting.
    Maybe it's an idea to give you access via TeamViewer AJS? That way you can check stuf and setting for yourself.

The local setup is straight out of the box and all logs and thumbs have been cleared already.

Drop me a PM if you have time. I will be home the rest of the day, so feel free.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @volumia
    Oh, I have almost no time at home now, in the office sometimes appears, but from the office I can not go to TimeViewer. When I have free time at home, I do not know. Maybe we should try it like this? Through a forum? Because for some reason only you have such an error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom