Q: TVE3 = poorer PQ for (HW)analogue card users? (1 Viewer)

elconejito

Portal Pro
April 28, 2005
Falls Church, VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
8000 is the set value. anything higher and we stutter.
is this value set by default? or is there something we need to set in config somewhere? I had previously tried the TV Server but needed higher bitrate. I'm considering giving it another try now if this bitrate issue is fixed.

Also, does the brand/model of card make a difference?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I believe that the 8000 is default (at least for Hauppauge PVR cards). This is an improvement from earlier days (read first post), so you should consider giving it a go (I am) - but you might as well wait for MP1 RC1 (I am :))

The team plans to improve analogue quality in the TVE so that no users feel the need for TVE2

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Spragleknas - that's great news that there are plans to improve the audio quality - I'll happily donate again ($50) to support that :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have no details. I only know that the team will try to improve the general experience for analogue users when using TVE3. The sound has been "bumped up" a couple of times already, though ... not good enough?

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Spragleknas - thanks for your note. The audio is great but I would really appreciate it if the video quality could be bumped up higher :)

Sorry if I sound ungreatful - Mediaportal is awsome :)

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I believe that the 8000 is default (at least for Hauppauge PVR cards). This is an improvement from earlier days (read first post), so you should consider giving it a go (I am) - but you might as well wait for MP1 RC1 (I am :))

The team plans to improve analogue quality in the TVE so that no users feel the need for TVE2

Do other cards have a different bitrate? if so, which is highest :D

When is MP1.0 expected to be released?

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Bringing this thread to life again.

I have recently upgraded from 0.2.3.0 without TV server to RC1 with TV server. My problem is that now I have much more ghosting in when watching TV than I had before the upgrade. Haven't done anything with the drivers.

Anyone else experience poorer quality with TVServer than without?

Have set the bitrate to 8000 (using hauppauge tweak tool) but the PQ is still bad :(

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I don't think the hauppauge tool has any effect (you can check by using GraphEdit).
    What decoder are you using? (Same as before?)

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Takker for svar Spragleknas :) Using PowerDVD decoder, same as before the upgrade, yes.. are there other that are to recommend?

Will try using GraphEdit to see.

Just don't understand why PQ is so much poorer with TVE3 when I haven't done anything with the drivers..

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Didn't get around to test graphedit, but I think this has to do with the codec. Does TVE3 support the powerDVD codec? As said do I find it strange that the PQ in TVE2 is so much better than with TVE3... I now have severe ghosting, somthing I didn't have before..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom