QAM Support for US ATSC tuners (3 Viewers)

jozzy

Portal Member
July 3, 2007
NY, NY
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Installed the newest build, still no channels show up in the scan. :( In case its needed, I attached the tv.log file from the scan.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi jozzy,

Can you try the latest TVServer SVN build?

You may see "Hauppauge ATSC QAM card not found, continuing..."

If this is the case then thats what I gotta resolve - I have added in that logging as I suspect the card interface query is not being detected correctly.

DMAN

jozzy

Portal Member
    July 3, 2007
    NY, NY
    Home Country
    Hey DMAN -

Installed the latest SVN and ran the scan. The log says, "Hauppauge: ATSC QAM card found!" which is a good sign, but still no channels found...

tv.log attached.

-jozzy

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi jozzy,

Log looks good - i suspect tuning with frequencies is required here since atm it's using physical channel number only (OTA method).
    I'll look to get a new build out soon tuning with frequencies based on the info you provided earlier and some from ASiDiE.

I go on holiday tomorrow for two weeks so hopefully we nail it before then...

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try next public build - you can make your own *.qam file with the frequencies.
    Just make sure it's located in the TuningParameters folder.

Off on hols now for two weeks - so good luck.

DMAN

TracerX

August 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Tried the latest build with my hvr-1600 and was unable to retrieve any qam channels. The WinTV application was able to retrieve the channels. I will post a tv.log later since I forgot to save a copy so I'll need to re-run the scan first. Also might want to note that in order to use the included "QAM Standard.qam" file you will need to move it from the "MediaPortal TV Server" directory to the "MediaPortal TV Server/Tuningparameters" folder.

Javier1964

February 1, 2007
    One of the five boros
    Home Country
    My Aver A180 was found by the TV engine 3 but scanning with QAM standard did not find any stations. I created three additional .qam files with the frequencies for HRC, HRC+3 and IRC that I have installed in the Tuning parameters folder, I have scanned again with this three different options without success.
    Could someone with an HVR card test the three attached frequency configurations?
    Thanks,
    Javier.

TracerX

August 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I now have logs for QAM Standard as well as the three frequency configs Javier1964 created. No channels found on any using an HVR-1600 on Suddenlink cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom