QAM Support for US ATSC tuners (3 Viewers)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All,

Back off hols - seems more work is needed.
    What I need to know is what other applications work and what tuning parameters are required to tune ATSC QAM.
    Currently it's setup to use the frequency only with the modulation being set to 256 (the drivers are supposed to auto detect QAM64)
    Is there any other tuning settings that need to be done? I'm getting poor information from the internet.
    Do y'all know?

rkshack, support is added in BDA at this time I'll have to look into the Technisat SDK for you.
    Can you post a log?

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ah right the HD5000 uses BDA rather than the Technisat SDK.
    OK give me a log please. Are you using Vista as non HVR-1600 uses should try Vista as that BDA stack accepts the put modulation request.

DMAN

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Ah right the HD5000 uses BDA rather than the Technisat SDK.
    OK give me a log please. Are you using Vista as non HVR-1600 uses should try Vista as that BDA stack accepts the put modulation request.

DMAN

I am using windows xp media center edition. I could look into vista but I am hesitant to use vista because my system is a athlon 64 3200+ with 1 gb ram. I worry that it would slow my system down too much. I will get you the log this evening. By the way I looked at the frequencies that were used when I was using mythtv and the hrc+3 frequency list included the frequencies that my channels were on. Scanning using that qam file did not help. Also just so I am clear. I am currently trying to tune with tvserver. I appreciate any help you can give.

Rkshack

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The basic QAM256 modulation setting only works with the Vista BDA stack afaik so if you could test Vista that would help.
    The Hauppauge driver does this differently and hence allows for support in XP although I have yet to getting it working properly.

DMAN

jozzy

Portal Member
    July 3, 2007
    NY, NY
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    dman_lfc;175466 The Hauppauge driver does this differently and hence allows for support in XP although I have yet to getting it working properly. DMAN[/QUOTE said:
    DMAN - welcome back!

So, sounds like this it is my issue. I am scanning all the correct frequencies but it seems the driver implementation is the issue since I do not use Vista, only XP. Let me know if there is something I can test for the Hauppauge effort.

-jozzy

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    The basic QAM256 modulation setting only works with the Vista BDA stack afaik so if you could test Vista that would help.
    The Hauppauge driver does this differently and hence allows for support in XP although I have yet to getting it working properly.

DMAN

I would prefer to use xp if possible. I will look into vista. If I can get that what version should I get? Would home basic or business work? What is the name of the log file you need. I think I know what you are referring to because I looked at it last night but just too me sure. Is it tvserver.log. After I get the log to you please let me know what ever I can do to help with the xp. I will look into testing vista.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    jozzy & rkshack

Please try TVServer SVN build 15654 under XP.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Build 15656 has more QAM tuning files posted from this thread.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok jozzy,

The latest build SVN 15659 should work.
    I have tested this remotely on ASiDiE's PC with a HVR-1600 and it works fine now.

What I have determined is that his cable provider does not in most instances broadcast a channel name or major / minor channel number so it looks like you'll either have to do an import from your epg grabber then map the channels or manually name each one.

Anyway - enjoy.

rkshack, I would be interested in your XP tuning results also.

DMAN

jozzy

Portal Member
    July 3, 2007
    NY, NY
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Definitely a big step, I am able to scan and add 8 channels!! However, I cannot actually view these channels. When I first turn on the TV tuner from the "my TV Menu" I get audio but no video in the preview screen on the right hand side. If I move to a different heading on the menu (using the Hauppuage remote), audio stops. If I choose to go full screen, I get no audio and no video. If I use a mouse or keyboard, I can go to the other screens (TV guide, etc) without losing audio. But again, never any video.

I attached a screen shot so you know where I am in the application in case I didn't explain it well enough. The screen shot is when audio is working but no video.

This could be a whole different issue, not related, but not sure how to figure it out...

-jozzy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom