QAM Support for US ATSC tuners (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Jozzy,

Grab the latest SVN build of TVServer and manually record a file (in TVServer Manual Control) using the Transport Strem (.ts) format.
    The try to play this back using VLC player as a test.
    If that works then you'll have to try rendering the file in graphedit using TSFileSource as the source filter.

DMAN

jozzy

Portal Member
    July 3, 2007
    NY, NY
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    DMAN -

I recorded a channel for about 30 seconds. I then opened VLC and tried to play the .ts file. The file opened in VLC but did not play any sound or video and lasted only about a second.
    I decided to install VLC on a different computer (my home pc vs. the media portal pc), same result. Then I tried playing the .ts file with a different player on my home pc, and the file played fine! Not sure why VLC is unable to play this software on either my Media Portal PC or my Home PC but am guessing this may have something to do with my issue.
    Do you have any ideas on where I should look next?

I tried using graphedit and installed the latest TSFileSource filter with no luck. Graphedit doesn't play the file either.

-jozzy

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    jozzy & rkshack

Please try TVServer SVN build 15654 under XP.

DMAN

I installed the 15659. So far I have run the qam hrc+3 set of frequencies. I was unable to scan any channels. The frequencies I need are 621 mhz, 729mhz, 741mhz and 747 mhz. All of which are on the .qam file list. I will attach my log file. I will try the other frequency tables just too see if it makes a difference. I did not try the 15654 like your original post stated. Would that make a difference?

rkshack

Also just too make sure all information is out there, I have not installed the mediaportal program yet. I was going through the installation as described in the videos. I got to where you scan channels and stopped when I hit this issue.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rkshack

Get build 15662 or later and create your own .qam file with the frequencies you know work.
    The re-scan please - I have added a bit more logging.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    DMAN -

I recorded a channel for about 30 seconds. I then opened VLC and tried to play the .ts file. The file opened in VLC but did not play any sound or video and lasted only about a second.
    I decided to install VLC on a different computer (my home pc vs. the media portal pc), same result. Then I tried playing the .ts file with a different player on my home pc, and the file played fine! Not sure why VLC is unable to play this software on either my Media Portal PC or my Home PC but am guessing this may have something to do with my issue.
    Do you have any ideas on where I should look next?

I tried using graphedit and installed the latest TSFileSource filter with no luck. Graphedit doesn't play the file either.

-jozzy

TSFileSource comes with TVServer & MediaPortal so you don't need to install it. The version you installed actually may be out of date.
    Try tuning some more channels and make more recordings as I recorded a channel last night with ASiDiE's box and it worked fine...

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rkshack,

Your card is not locking on a signal see - Scan: tuner locked:False throughout the log.
    Its interesting your card suggest it supports the same tuning method as the Hauppauge cards though.
    I'll look at this later when I back from work - maybe this is getting in the way.

Can you contact Technisat or the HD5000 team and determine if tuning under XP for ATSC QAM is supported and if so how?

DMAN

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    rkshack,

Can you contact Technisat or the HD5000 team and determine if tuning under XP for ATSC QAM is supported and if so how?

DMAN

DVBviewer works for xp. I have not tried it recently. I will try to contact the people you suggested.
    rkshack

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All,

I have fixed some ATSC QAM channel database handling issues in SVN 15668 or later.
    Since some cable providers don't broadcast channel names it caused some issues whereby the same channel names were being re-used for different frequencies and overwriting existing parameters.
    Also some channel update and tuning bugs.

I would suggest for those who have been successful to clear the channel info you already have and re-scan.

Unfortunately you'll have to manually rename and re-number the channels however all the good stuff is stored ;-)

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rkshack,

DMAN

DVBviewer works for xp. I have not tried it recently. I will try to contact the people you suggested.
    rkshack

OK good at least thats something to go off.
    Are the BDA drivers the beta ones on Technisat's site?
    Does DVBViewer provide any log information?

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom