QAM Support for US ATSC tuners (1 Viewer)

rkshack

Portal Pro
February 23, 2006
rkshack,

I had a quick look at the system this morning and got the HD5000 tuner locking on your QAM frequencies however it wasn't picking up any channels so I'll look into it a bit further when I can as it may be how the Transport Stream is presented to our analyser.

DMAN

Thanks for everything you have done so far. Did you fix the problem where it would not connect to the server or was it just working when you logged in. Let me know what I need to do to help get the tuner working.

rkshack

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rkshack,

I had a quick look at the system this morning and got the HD5000 tuner locking on your QAM frequencies however it wasn't picking up any channels so I'll look into it a bit further when I can as it may be how the Transport Stream is presented to our analyser.

DMAN

Thanks for everything you have done so far. Did you fix the problem where it would not connect to the server or was it just working when you logged in. Let me know what I need to do to help get the tuner working.

rkshack

OK rkshack your HD5000 works fine now - thanks for the remote access.
    Your remote connection problem was a result of the IP address assigned to the HD5000.
    You just need to edit the server and set the correct IP.
    Special thanks to gemx for fixing a channel annalysis bug.

Generous donations are always welcome :p

Enjoy

DMAN

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Thanks so much. Is this fix something that will work in any install now or does it require special fixing if I were to reinstall some time. Could you pm or email what all you had to do to fix it.

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    I have finished my installation and I am getting a black screen and audio with my qam channels. I did a manual recording and watched the ts file from media player and it had picture there so It is just in mediaportal that there is no video. I have the same issue when I preview a channel.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have finished my installation and I am getting a black screen and audio with my qam channels. I did a manual recording and watched the ts file from media player and it had picture there so It is just in mediaportal that there is no video. I have the same issue when I preview a channel.

There is likely to be a copyright flag on the video stream. I saw this when I was getting it to work.
    Use the MPV codec as your video decoder to get around it ;-)

DMAN

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    There is likely to be a copyright flag on the video stream. I saw this when I was getting it to work.
    Use the MPV codec as your video decoder to get around it ;-)

DMAN

I went into settings on mediaportal and then my tv. I went into the mpeg2 codec and chose all the options and nothing would get the video present. Here are my options:

codec result
    MPV Decoder Filter Audio only
    Nvidia Video Decoder audio only
    Dscaler Mpeg2 video decoder audio only
    Sonic Cine master dsvideo Decoder audio only
    cyberlink MPE muxer audio only
    PDR mpeg muxer no audio or video. Screen was black and locked up computer.

MY testing procedure was that I tuned it to a channel that gets a signal and was playing audio. I would turn off tv stream from my tv and then go to settings. I would change to one of the codecs listed above and then go back to my tv and turn on tv. I would get only audio. I would then turn off the tv stream again and repeat the whole process. Do I need a different codec? Any suggestions about what to do next?

rkshack

IcePickrg

Portal Member
    March 12, 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tested

I live down the street from Asidie, and subscribe to the same cable programing that he is.

I can scan about ~150 channels, but can only tune about 10 of them - the rest says "no audio/video" and watching the logs, looks like scrabled, I have not tired using MPV as my codec, so maby that is the fix. I couldn't find any HD programing, so I'm not sure If I was receiving any HDTV.

The other problem I seen is when I gave up on qam, and went back to ATSC OTA - I scanned all 18 channels - but only ended up with 4 "unknown" channels. I had to revert back to the 15th svn to get my channels back becuase the import isn't working on my export from the 15th to the new SVN.

Looks like the QAM broke ATSC OTA.

I'd give up the antena on the roof, if QAM got my locals in HD. but idealy - it should work with all of it, I really really need all 4 tuners :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom