QAM Support for US ATSC tuners (1 Viewer)

rkshack

Portal Pro
February 23, 2006
rkshack,

OK good at least thats something to go off.
Are the BDA drivers the beta ones on Technisat's site?
Does DVBViewer provide any log information?

DMAN

The BDA drivers are the beta ones on the site. I will install dvbviewer and see if there are any logs. I have not looked in a while so I don't remember. Do my logs tell you anything useful. I emailed technisat and the reply was a canned one in german. I translated it and it was just a automated response. hd5000.com has nobody on it. I doubt it will be helpful.

rkshack

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The logs tell me that the card potentially uses the BdaDigitalModulator call like the Hauppauge cards however you get no channel lock on the frequencies where aparently you should...
    I can make a build to bypass the Hauppauge BDA tuner call if you want to test that.

DMAN

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    The logs tell me that the card potentially uses the BdaDigitalModulator call like the Hauppauge cards however you get no channel lock on the frequencies where aparently you should...
    I can make a build to bypass the Hauppauge BDA tuner call if you want to test that.

DMAN

I will try anything you suggest.

rkshack

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

DMAN

I will try anything you suggest.

rkshack

Seem PM.

DMAN

Javier1964

February 1, 2007
    One of the five boros
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi DMAN,
    Attached is a log of a quick scan limited to the known frequencies that have clear qam broadcasts ( Cablevision of New York- Bronx and Lower Westchester County ). My card is an Aver a180. Only 6 out of 17channels are being added to the database. When I try to watch those 6 six channels I get no audio/ no video. If I try the preview function of the channel menu on the TV engine setup I get audio/ no video.
    Using TVEngine3 Snapshot: 08-28-2007 21-16h Revision 15668.

Thanks for all your help on getting QAM working.
    Javier.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi DMAN,
    Attached is a log of a quick scan limited to the known frequencies that have clear qam broadcasts ( Cablevision of New York- Bronx and Lower Westchester County ). My card is an Aver a180. Only 6 out of 17channels are being added to the database. When I try to watch those 6 six channels I get no audio/ no video. If I try the preview function of the channel menu on the TV engine setup I get audio/ no video.
    Using TVEngine3 Snapshot: 08-28-2007 21-16h Revision 15668.

Thanks for all your help on getting QAM working.
    Javier.

Hi Javier1964,

Great to see another card working!

The log shows that 17 have been detected and should have been added.
    Can you confirm what has been added?
    Also is it normal that you have 2x channels with the same name and tuning paramters on the same frequency? That seems very weird.

As for no video / audio, please try a recording and then play it back with vlc player as a test.

DMAN

Javier1964

February 1, 2007
    One of the five boros
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi DMAN,
    I was able to record manually without a hitch ( after learning that it is necessary to start timeshifting before starting to record).
    I played back the files via windows media player without any problems.
    regarding the channels, if I run scans at different times I get different stations ( weird). The stations added to the database ( this time were 12 ) were added with names like Unknown 134-2C1.

Thanks again,

Javier

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The 'Unknown' channels are there becuase your cable provider does not broadcast the name in the stream so you'll have to rename it accordingly.
    See my ranting earlier in this thread.

DMAN

rkshack

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2006
    Here is an update on trying to get the hd5000 from airstar to work. I have been using the bda drivers from technisats website. I have not as of yet been able to scan for channels. I tried to use dvbviewer to make sure everything was working. It did not work. I went back to my drivers that came on a dvd when I purchased the card. Dvbviewer worked fine. I was able to scan channels and watch content. Though I did get a green flicker that has been an issue with dvbviewer in the past. I then tried the non bda driver that you can download from technisat currently and it also worked with dvbviewer. So it seems the bda driver is not working for qam for me. I have tried scanning for qam with mediaportal with the other drivers without success.

Any suggestions.
    rkshack

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rkshack,

I had a quick look at the system this morning and got the HD5000 tuner locking on your QAM frequencies however it wasn't picking up any channels so I'll look into it a bit further when I can as it may be how the Transport Stream is presented to our analyser.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom