QAM Support for US ATSC tuners (1 Viewer)

Nippywiffle

Portal Pro
May 16, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

DMAN, that's great - it was able to tune my digital channels now. Thanks for your help.

I have another question though. Once I added the channels, and went into mediaportal, I found that the audio of these digital channels played, but no video, just a black screen. (I also found when I clicked "preview" in tvserver the same happened)

I tried recording the current program on one of the digital channels, and then chose to "watch show from the start of recording" immediately after, and it worked, I got video and audio, and everything looked great.

I then checked the timeshift file created (g:\timeshift\live4-0.ts.tsbuffer.ts) and the video played back in media player, but no audio...

I tried both the nvidia purevideo decoder, and the MPV decoder, with the same results...

Is there anything that can be done so that the digital channels will play 'live' and timeshift?

Thanks again,
Dan

My tv.log from the point of loading mediaportal, and trying to view a digital channel live is attached.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nippywiffle - set the recording type to mpg for now.
    It's a TSWriter bug we need to fix.

DMAN

Nippywiffle

Portal Pro
    May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Nippywiffle - set the recording type to mpg for now.
    It's a TSWriter bug we need to fix.

DMAN

I found a thread about the 'tsreader' testing, so I put the UseTsReader.txt file in my c:\ and now the HD channels timeshift/play live correctly. I'll try the mpg option too to see which works best.

Thanks for all your help!

Dan.:D

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If TSReader works fine then stick with it. Unles you wanna record to mpg of course.

DMAN

MacMini

Portal Pro
    May 16, 2006
    Hi, dman_lfc.

You mentioned that we can add channels manually. How do we do that? Don't see anything in the wiki, and searching didn't bring anything either.

Where can we get Vide PID and Audio PID info, so we can map the channels to?

The reason I am asking is, I got everything working with HDHomeRun, but it pulls only a few channels, half of them unknown, the other half getting the wrong info from the only plug I was successful in getting to work: CT TV.

I had a problem with a bunch of channels on Time Warner cable in Southern California defaulting to the alternative Spanish audio, or no audio at all. Tried changing the Audio PID last night by one digit, and got English audio!

So, it means that if I can find somewhere the info for my missing channels, like CNN, I might be able to add them manually. But where do I get the info?

You mentioned mapping to the EPG (in my case the stuff CT TV pulls,) but the problem is, it pulls only the channels it sees that I've scanned. In other words, I don't see it pulling CNN, so that I can then map to it (if this makes any sense....)

Thanks!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, dman_lfc.

You mentioned that we can add channels manually. How do we do that? Don't see anything in the wiki, and searching didn't bring anything either.

SetupTV->TV Channels->Add
    Then give the channel a name and then click on the ATSC tab
    Fill in the ALL of the parameters as best you can.

Where can we get Vide PID and Audio PID info, so we can map the channels to?
    You either need to look on the internet or get it from another application.

The reason I am asking is, I got everything working with HDHomeRun, but it pulls only a few channels, half of them unknown, the other half getting the wrong info from the only plug I was successful in getting to work: CT TV.

I had a problem with a bunch of channels on Time Warner cable in Southern California defaulting to the alternative Spanish audio, or no audio at all. Tried changing the Audio PID last night by one digit, and got English audio!

So, it means that if I can find somewhere the info for my missing channels, like CNN, I might be able to add them manually. But where do I get the info?

You mentioned mapping to the EPG (in my case the stuff CT TV pulls,) but the problem is, it pulls only the channels it sees that I've scanned. In other words, I don't see it pulling CNN, so that I can then map to it (if this makes any sense....)

Thanks!
    Do a clean restart of TVServer with a clean HDHomeRun scan then paste the tv.log with the latest SVN.
    It might be something we can fix.

DMAN

davidvr

Portal Member
    October 13, 2007
    Home Country
    ok DMAN, so i read point three, what I do now is select each frequency then click preview and then wait for an error message telling me the channel is encrypted, so does that do something different then read the flag?
    Yes correct

DMAN

so is it possible to automate the process of tuning and detecting scrambled channels in the same way clicking preview then waiting does, like a button that says delete encrypted qam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom