QAM Support for US ATSC tuners (1 Viewer)

davidvr

Portal Member
October 13, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having a similar problem with a black screen as mentioned above. When I select a channel I either get the "Unable to start timeshift. No video/audio detected" or get justy a black screen. On one ocassion I was able to get sound to go along with the black screen but now it's gone away as well.
This is happening on all QAM channels.

Also, after giving up for the night, I tried to record a show using the Avermedia software, and now I am having the same problem there. I wonder if reinstalling the Avermedia softaware and drivers will correct the situation for MP as well.

Anyone think I should try this, or could it messup my MP setup entirely?

Here is what I have found when I have had issues with sound and a black screen or nothing but no error. Set MPV and MPA as the television codec (for me nothing else will work). Then create UseTSReader.txt in your C root. See how your luck is then.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am having a similar problem with a black screen as mentioned above. When I select a channel I either get the "Unable to start timeshift. No video/audio detected" or get justy a black screen. On one ocassion I was able to get sound to go along with the black screen but now it's gone away as well.
    This is happening on all QAM channels.

Also, after giving up for the night, I tried to record a show using the Avermedia software, and now I am having the same problem there. I wonder if reinstalling the Avermedia softaware and drivers will correct the situation for MP as well.

Anyone think I should try this, or could it messup my MP setup entirely?

There is nothing wrong with the server side according to the tv.log. Your issues are related on the client side so a MediaPortal.log and TSReader.log included with TV.log would help.
    Also if the channels cannot be received by another application then they're unlikely to be broadcasting.

DMAN

HACristian

Portal Member
    November 12, 2007
    Here are the logs.
    Also, so I don't confuse you, the avermedia software was working prior to the MP installation.
    I don't know if that means anything to you.

Thx

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok DMAN, so i read point three, what I do now is select each frequency then click preview and then wait for an error message telling me the channel is encrypted, so does that do something different then read the flag?
    Yes correct

DMAN

so is it possible to automate the process of tuning and detecting scrambled channels in the same way clicking preview then waiting does, like a button that says delete encrypted qam?

Yes but no we won't do it because like I suggested earlier some users want to keep certain stations because they can descramble them. So it's a manual process I'm afraid.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do a clean restart of TVServer with a clean HDHomeRun scan then paste the tv.log with the latest SVN.
    It might be something we can fix.

DMAN

Thanks dman!

I did that, but got even fewer channels:-(

Here is my log file.

Would appreciate any help.

Logs like fine - I'm confused as to what is supposed to be wrong here...

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom