QAM Support for US ATSC tuners (2 Viewers)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here are the logs.
    Also, so I don't confuse you, the avermedia software was working prior to the MP installation.
    I don't know if that means anything to you.

Thx

The MediaPortal log shows you're not using TVServer...

DMAN

MacMini

Portal Pro
    May 16, 2006

Logs like fine - I'm confused as to what is supposed to be wrong here...

DMAN

The problem is, when I run channel scan through HDHomeRun, I get several channels I don't seem to be able to tune in when I run TVServer3. I guess I'll just keep trying to scan again and see what happens.

WINTV 950 PROBLEM:

Another issue, this one with a WinTV 950 hybrid (same as the 980?):

I am trying to use it in Analog mode. When I scan using the Hauppauge software, I get a whole bunch analog cable channels. I can watch all these channels using the stand-alone WinTV app, with sound.

I can see both the analog and the digital WinTV tuners in TVServer3 (I use HDHomeRun for digital, so the WinTV 950 is only for analog.) But when I scan the WinTV analog tuner in TVServer3, it finds absolutely nothing, no signal showing at all.

What could be the problem here?

I am attaching my log. Thanks.

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can confirm that my ati theatre 650 works with QAM.... partially

The scan brings up a bunch of QAM channels, a majority are scrambled (no surprise), and about 10-15 are unscrambled and are all my local channels. The weird thing is though, that only about 3 or 4 actually work, the other local channels come up with a red icon (The scan even found the call letters) in the tv setup channel listings, and when I attempt to tune to them i get the error No Video Or Audio Detected. I know for a fact that they are broadcasting because my normal tv with a QAM tuner tunes them. Any suggestions?

murmy

November 5, 2007
    I can confirm that my ati theatre 650 works with QAM.... partially

The scan brings up a bunch of QAM channels, a majority are scrambled (no surprise), and about 10-15 are unscrambled and are all my local channels. The weird thing is though, that only about 3 or 4 actually work, the other local channels come up with a red icon (The scan even found the call letters) in the tv setup channel listings, and when I attempt to tune to them i get the error No Video Or Audio Detected. I know for a fact that they are broadcasting because my normal tv with a QAM tuner tunes them. Any suggestions?

I was getting the same thing too - the red icon next to the call letters. It turns out that this was not the actual channel, the actual channel was one of the green icons with the 'unknown...' name. After I ran the scan for both qam standard and qam alternative, I basically had to try each channel in mediaportal and see if it came in. Once I figured out which channel was which I went back, renamed them to the correct call letters and removed all the others that were scrambled. I think I ended up with about 5 unscrambled local channels.

The problem I'm having of late, though, is that I can't map the output from SchedulesDirect to these local qam channels. I tried naming the qam channels the same as they are named for the corresponding analog channel from SchedulesDirect, but when the guide updates, it doesn't automatically map the channels based on the name, instead it just creates that analog channel. So I end up with the same channel twice - one qam with no guide data and one analog which doesn't tune anywhere. Anyone have any thoughts about how to map qam channels?

Thanks,
    murmy

Nippywiffle

Portal Pro
    May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    I was getting the same thing too - the red icon next to the call letters. It turns out that this was not the actual channel, the actual channel was one of the green icons with the 'unknown...' name. After I ran the scan for both qam standard and qam alternative, I basically had to try each channel in mediaportal and see if it came in. Once I figured out which channel was which I went back, renamed them to the correct call letters and removed all the others that were scrambled. I think I ended up with about 5 unscrambled local channels.

The problem I'm having of late, though, is that I can't map the output from SchedulesDirect to these local qam channels. I tried naming the qam channels the same as they are named for the corresponding analog channel from SchedulesDirect, but when the guide updates, it doesn't automatically map the channels based on the name, instead it just creates that analog channel. So I end up with the same channel twice - one qam with no guide data and one analog which doesn't tune anywhere. Anyone have any thoughts about how to map qam channels?

Thanks,
    murmy

I had that problem. I went into the sql database itself, looked in the main table of all the channels, and found that there's a column which includes details of the schedulesdirect look-up for that specific channel (linked to the fake non-workign analog channels).
    I copied that, and pasted it to the correct row, for the equivalent QAM channel.

I then went back into tvserver, and deleted the non-working analog channels from the channel list.

I forced shcedules direct to update on next tvserver startup, and then rebooted.

Let me know if you need more specific instructions, I'm just typing this from memory of doing it a few weeks back.

Thanks,
    murmy

I had that problem. I went into the sql database itself, looked in the main table of all the channels, and found that there's a column which includes details of the schedulesdirect look-up for that specific channel (linked to the fake non-workign analog channels).
    I copied that, and pasted it to the correct row, for the equivalent QAM channel.

I then went back into tvserver, and deleted the non-working analog channels from the channel list.

I forced shcedules direct to update on next tvserver startup, and then rebooted.

Let me know if you need more specific instructions, I'm just typing this from memory of doing it a few weeks back.

Oh, and you need to turn off the option in the schedules direct plugin, so that it doesnt automatically add digital channels for you...

murmy

November 5, 2007

Thanks,
    murmy

Thanks,
    murmy

Oh, and you need to turn off the option in the schedules direct plugin, so that it doesnt automatically add digital channels for you...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a try tonight.
    :D

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    I tried the several ideas in this thread to resolve the -1 Video and -1 Audio Pins but nothing has worked. Mediaportal scans the correct channel, even shows the CallSigns, but they show up in Red still and cannot tune them. Any suggestions?

Nippywiffle

Portal Pro
    May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    I'm getting the problems with the ts files too.

I record the same show every night in HD, and sometimes it records fine, but more often, it screws up about 10-20 mins into the show. The playback just stops, and then mediaportal crashes a few mins later.

As mentioned in one of the other threads, I tried it in VLC player, and it wouldn't play past the point it stopped in mediaportal.

I AM able to play it in Windows Media Player however, but from the point where it stops in mediaportal, the audio and video is out of sync by about 2-3 seconds...

I originally thought I was just getting a bad signal, but seing that other people are having the same problem, I'd guess it's something in TvServer's recording...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom