Quiet DVD-Recorder unit (1 Viewer)

Program.X

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Ramsey, Isle of Man
Hi,

Nearly finished my HTPC set-up. Any suggestions for a quiet DVD Recorder? Is this LabelScribe worth it? Is it possible to get region free devices?

Any help, much appreciated.

Judaz

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
Program.X said:
Hi,

Nearly finished my HTPC set-up. Any suggestions for a quiet DVD Recorder? Is this LabelScribe worth it? Is it possible to get region free devices?

Any help, much appreciated.

If you haven't got one already, I've tried Aopen, Samsung, NEC and BenQ for my system. As I work as a computer reseller I have access to a lot of hardware, and the BenQ DW1640/1650 is probaby the best unit i have tried. Low noise level, bearly audible in normal DVD playback, fast and low access times.

- Judaz -

snewman

Portal Member
January 30, 2006
Australia
I can second that recommendation for the Benq writers.

After looking around the forums for advice I purchased a DW1650 and I'm very happy with it.

Sounds like a harrier jumpjet taking off when you're installing software (very quick though) but when playing DVDs its quieter than my appliance DVD players (LG and Sony).

I haven't used the LightScribe feature yet - haven't bothered to get the media.

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
Replies
Views
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
Replies
Views
Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
Replies
Views
Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom