Rar Mount 3 for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Maedhros

Portal Pro
December 14, 2005
Gdansk, Poland
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I just noticed that out-of-the-box and Rar-packages packages using Part001.rar, Part002.rar, Part003.rar Part004.rar, etc. instead of .rar, .r01, r02, r03, etc. are spamming my TVSeries plugin. It simply shows ALL the rar parts. I could imagine that this is something the TVSeries plugin would have to support to filter these part002+ files.

Does anyone have a solution to that?

Also.... When using RarMount it simply mounts the .rar file and opens that folder/drive where I have to once more click the file. Could this be fixed somehow maybe?
And also noticed that when stopping a movie or episode I can't resume the movie. It just starts over.

I am using MP 1.0.1 with TVSeries. My movies are working using the standard plugin, so haven't tested with Moving Pictures plugin due to some strange performance problems I have when installing that plugin.

togril

Portal Member
September 3, 2009
AW: Rar Mount 3 for MediaPortal

Unfortunately the Player does not work with the new MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2

"An error occured while loading the plugin file MediaPortalRarMount3Player.dll"

See attached screenshot!

Plz fix the plugin :)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    94 KB

alturismo

Portal Pro
July 28, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Rar Mount 3 for MediaPortal

would be very nice if an update would be provided for RC2

thanks ahead ;)

The_Rebel

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Could someone please upload the Dokan drivers for x64? I'm trying to get the older mediaportal builds to play my rar's but i can't download the older Dokan libraries as they only host the latest versions on their site.

Maedhros

Portal Pro
December 14, 2005
Gdansk, Poland
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi guys,

To all of you who have upgraded to 1.1.0 RC2 and now can't use .rar archives directly in MediaPortal. I am in contact with the author, Jack. He does not have time for further development on RarMount3 for the time being and therefore the plugin is standing still :-(

This is of course bad news for us fans of this plugin and we are in torment for the time being or forced not to upgrade to the (very nice) version 1.1.0.
BUT FEAR NOT.... I am working on getting the source code on the official MediaPortal Contributors' Repository, so that any of us with programming expertise may update the plugin to become compatible with 1.1.0 and who knows :)

Let's just hope that Jack will have some more time in the future to implement more of his great ideas :)

Maedhros

Portal Pro
December 14, 2005
Gdansk, Poland
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
---------- NEW RELEASE! ----------

Hi everyone,

By now you all probably know that Jack does not have time for the moment to maintain his great RarMount plugin.

After consulting with Jack and getting a copy of the latest source code I decided to have a go at it immediately (since I SERIOUSLY need my archive-support!).

So after 2 hours I am now happy to present you with RarMount3 for MediaPortal 3.0.1.

The plugin has been updated to be compatible with MP 1.1.0 RC2.

A few release notes:

For those of you using x64 versions of Windows. First, install RarMount3. Afterwards, install the official Dokan Library 0.5.2 (from Dokan Download).
Should you already have the library installed, then please remove it, reboot, install new version, reboot and you should be set!

For those of you on x86 with RarMount3 already installed. Simply launch the 3.0.1 installer and upgrade the existing installation.

I have tested this new version on a Windows 7 x64 with MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC2 and it works like a charm!

I do already have a couple of issues in mind for a 3.0.2 update.

1) Update the integrated Dokan Library to version 0.5.2
2) Add option to enable automatically starting playback if archive contains only 1 video file (in far the most cases I guess).

If you have any additional request, please let me know.

I will try to get the source on the Contributors' SVN so we may really start to add some features to this great plugin from Jack.

Stay Tuned!

Attachments

• RarMount3_for_MediaPortal_Setup_3.0.1.zip
    30.7 KB

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
Greate work
Like you i also absolutle need for rar support :) (it a show stopper not to have it :)
Optional Auto play on one file is a greate idea :) (always the case for me) ;)

I have already made some suggestions on the rarmount forum:

1. Buffert rar playback:
Buffered rar's (Page 1) - Feature requests - Rar Mount Forum

2. Subtitles:
Rared subtitles (Page 1) - Feature requests - Rar Mount Forum

Subtitlesupport is essential, without it, this is useless for most people(non-english atleast I suppose)
I have to say though, its great to see someone having another go at this plugin. Theres alot to be gained with this.

Maedhros

Portal Pro
December 14, 2005
Gdansk, Poland
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Well... Subtitles are today much of the time embedded in the MKV format.

However, I get the point. Maybe they are not and you would like to attach external subtitles. This is something that should be relatively easy to implement for the experienced MediaPortal and Plugin developer. To be honest. Modifying this plugin is my very first attempt to even build a plugin for MediaPortal ;-)
So I will need some time to familiarize myself with stuff ;-)

But it sounds like a challenge. Like I wrote earlier, I will try to publish the plugin on Contributors' SVN also :)

boondoggle

Portal Member
October 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'm trying to get this working on win7 x64 and with MP 1.1 RC3 and have uninstalled and then reinstalled first rarmount and then dokan library as told but it still happens nothing when i try to start a single-filed movie from a .rar . I also run virtual clonedrive but i configged them to mount to different drives.. help?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom