[fixed] RC2: MCE Remote not working (1 Viewer)

cpsarros

Portal Member
January 3, 2010
Home Country
Greece Greece
to the guys who use Windows Server 2008 R2:
i´m using this os to stream tv to some clients, but having some major problems with suttering or total interrupt of tv/radio stream.

do you have any problems like that?
No stuttering problems and definitely no interruptions. Minor problems disappeared after stop using SAF. Windows 2008 starts with no codec installed and this can be an advantage compared to Win7. However you should be more specific in order to be helped.

bielsaoleo

March 25, 2010
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi! I have an MCE remote, too. I used to press the green button so I could start MP. Now the button doesn't work anymore. I always have to use the keyboard. =/ I'm using IR Suite, like always.

donchulio

Portal Member
December 21, 2009
Germany´s Toskana
Home Country
Germany Germany
No stuttering problems and definitely no interruptions. Minor problems disappeared after stop using SAF. Windows 2008 starts with no codec installed and this can be an advantage compared to Win7. However you should be more specific in order to be helped.

Hi

Yes Ok you´re right.

Server:
- i did a clean install of Server 2008 R2 on a AMD x2, 4GB Ram, ... (enough power i think)
- run this msi to support bda driver win2008workstation.com • View topic - TV Card (BDA Hardware Support)
- installed driver of my hauppauge Nova HD S2
- installed MP 1.1 RC2 (test with different versions)

Client:
- tested on various clients (Win7/XP)
- test with MP and TVviewer
- 1gbit/s connection

i don´t know what to do else to get it run. do you have any idea?

Timo

btw: just tried to use a ramdisk to speed up timeshift, but now its unwatchable :-D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i´m using this os to stream tv to some clients, but having some major problems with suttering or total interrupt of tv/radio stream.

Thats 100% off-topic.
    This thread is only about MCE Remot issues. Start a new thread for this discussion.

Keep it clean.
    :D

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    La Calamine
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi! I have an MCE remote, too. I used to press the green button so I could start MP. Now the button doesn't work anymore. I always have to use the keyboard. =/ I'm using IR Suite, like always.

You can try 2 things:
    - Check if MCE Remote is activated in MediaPortal Config.
    - When MCE has started Press Green Button a second time. Sometimes MCE does not have focus after starting with MPTray, when you press green again, it gets focus ;)

donchulio

Portal Member
    December 21, 2009
    Germany´s Toskana
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thats 100% off-topic.
    This thread is only about MCE Remot issues. Start a new thread for this discussion.

Keep it clean.

ok sry
    made a new one:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ttering-client-server-model-81111/#post608231

hope somebody can help me

Timo

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    DevTeam:
    File: mediaportal\RemotePlugins\Remotes\MCE2005Remote\MediaPortal.Hardware\Remote.cs
    Method: private void OnReadComplete(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    Line:
    if (OSInfo_OSInfo.GetOSName() == OSInfo_OSInfo_OSList.Windows7)

replace to
    if ((OSInfo_OSInfo.GetOSName() == OSInfo_OSInfo_OSList.Windows7) || (OSInfo_OSInfo.GetOSName() == OSInfo_OSInfo_OSList.Windows2008R2))

More info: Correct detection of OS breaked the remote.

Others:
    Workaround till RC3: just replace the provided dll

I have contacted the developer who took care about 2747.

Going to take care of it...

Simone

Drukkie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi All,My question is related to the stable version...once i start a movie and i puch back ...how do i return to the movie? i cannot seem to figure this out? :)
    Also is there a way to get the menu while playing a movie to change aspect ratio etc? i can do this by right clicking but it's not ideal...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i start a movie and i puch back ...how do i return to the movie?

Red button remote :)

Also is there a way to get the menu while playing a movie to change aspect ratio etc

Blue button cycles through aspect ratios

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    DevTeam:
    File: mediaportal\RemotePlugins\Remotes\MCE2005Remote\MediaPortal.Hardware\Remote.cs
    Method: private void OnReadComplete(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    Line:
    if (OSInfo_OSInfo.GetOSName() == OSInfo_OSInfo_OSList.Windows7)

replace to
    if ((OSInfo_OSInfo.GetOSName() == OSInfo_OSInfo_OSList.Windows7) || (OSInfo_OSInfo.GetOSName() == OSInfo_OSInfo_OSList.Windows2008R2))

More info: Correct detection of OS breaked the remote.

Others:
    Workaround till RC3: just replace the provided dll

I have contacted the developer who took care about 2747.

Going to take care of it...

Simone

Fix is part of 0002860: check for specific OS should be clarified and made more robust - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom