[Bug] [RC2]Switching HD channels fails random (1 Viewer)

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [RC2]Switching HD channels fails random

1. yes. neither stuck picture nor corrupted video/audio happened again after I had switched to network share mode some weeks ago.
2. don't know. I don't have HD here, and it happens when constantly zapping forth and back between two channels for some time.
3. yes, always
4. if it reduces the probability, then maybe only a little. I could not notice a difference.
5. yes, as it seems.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Arion_p,

I apriciate all your hard work and from what i see you are performing great in the MP1 developer scene.
    But can you explain why this is an issue for the department "future resleases"?

This suddenly became an issue and wasn't an issue in RC1 if i am correct. So in my humble opinion this should be fixed in the final 1.1.0 version.

Greetings,

Wouter

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    has been an issue since some SVNs after 1.1.0.0 Beta, so RC1 too ( at least for me... ).
    i would love to see that fix in 1.1.0.0 final aswell :)

arion_p: can i use the tsreader you provided in post #58 with rc3 ?
    rc2 with this tsreader was better than rc2 without it (although it broke the skip steps i think).

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    But can you explain why this is an issue for the department "future resleases"?
    Actually it is not a matter of when it should be fixed (I agree with you that it has to be fixed ASAP) but when i can be fixed. Currently, if you ignore this issue that affects a small number of users, 1.1.0 RC3 seems to be very stable. Fixing this issue requires heavy rework of bot StreamingServer and TsReader, unless I come up with a simpler hack to circumvent it. Such a rework cannot be done at the RC stage, or we would get back to Alpha stage and 1.1.0 will never be out. It is better that we get 1.1.0 out the sooner, and include this fix in the next release.

arion_p: can i use the tsreader you provided in post #58 with rc3 ?
    rc2 with this tsreader was better than rc2 without it (although it broke the skip steps i think).

It is possible to use this TsReader with RC3. I cannot remember if there were any bug fixes in TsReader after I posted this patched version, but as you already noticed it breaks skip steps. As always, since this is not part of the official release, if you decide to use it, do so at your own risk. If you need support, or file a bug report don't forget to replace and register the official TsReader.dll, and reproduce your issue with that.

klara31

Portal Member
    March 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    How can I switch RC4 to UNC mode?
    The only debug option I can find, states 'force RTSP'...

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    run the configuration.exe with /DEBUGOPTIONS
    e.g. Start -> Run -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe /DEBUGOPTIONS

Then you have "Debug Options" under "TV" where you can activate the UNC option and wherre you can specify the recording/timeshift path.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    How can I switch RC4 to UNC mode?
    The only debug option I can find, states 'force RTSP'...
    Do you have a single-seat setup?

"Force RTSP" is only available on single-seat setups. You don't need UNC in single-seat setup, by default the filesystem is used instead of RTSP (unless you have enabled "Force RTSP")

tatus

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [RC2]Switching HD channels fails random

Currently, if you ignore this issue that affects a small number of users, 1.1.0 RC3 seems to be very stable.

I would like to encourage again fixing or at least patching this issue (could a workaround be being more loose in seeking after channel changes / format changes for RTSP streaming or something similar) in 1.1.0. Or would it be an intermediate solution to make the "do not use RTSP" option "public"?

Is it really a small number of users who have that problem, or should all users have it that use multi-seat for watching TV? I at least do have this problem for quite a long time, most of this time not knowing how to reproduce nor how to report it.

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I also have this problem with my multiseat setup and 1.1.0 final.

I'm trying to figure out the UNC path workaround and there is one thing I don't quite understand:

I have two floppydtv-dvbc cards in my dedicated tv server and each card is mapped to two different timeshift folders on two different drives. Do this workaround require a shared timeshift-folder shared as \\TVSERVER\Timeshift (for example)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom