Re-scan required in London (Crystal Palace) - BBC1 & BBC2 lost. (2 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That file should include the frequencies which will change on 18th April, so it is normal that some transponders in the file have no signal now. After 18th April, some different transponders will have no signal, but you should still get all channels. We will clean the files up once the switchover is complete.

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    Hi Ray,

I may be wrong, but I appear to have all of the channels that I am expecting to have, even with no signal on scanning on the several transponders.

I think there is another re-tune sceduled for later in the year so maybe they are still messing with it.

[edit] elliottmc: that confirms what I thought. thanks for all of your help.

Thanks,
    Chris

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi folks,

Just to let you know I've tried elliotmc's updated Crystal Palace xml file and all channels are working great. Although every BBC radio station is now picked up twice, along with duplicate TV channels BBC Parliament, Cbeebies and BBC Four, but I guess that's due to the additional details in the xml file.

Absolutely top job!

Many thanks.
    Si

Edit: One other thing, is it possible to get the HD channels added in the new version, or will this always be a manual tune?

andy_p

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    Thanks for the updated crystal palace file.
    I added 554000 to it as another transponder as suggested here, then the HD (DVB-T2) channels tuned successfully too.

Cheers
    Andy

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Crystal Palace went through DSO1 today, and DSO2 (and final completion) will be on 18th April.
    Today the frequency 490000 was turned up in power, so I did an advanced scan on that frequency only with a tick in 'get transponder list' which worked a treat. Will have to repeat on 18th April.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I added 554000 to it as another transponder as suggested here, then the HD (DVB-T2) channels tuned successfully too.

Cheers
    Andy

I will check the file against the frequencies again, and fix it if necessary for the next release.

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country

Cheers
    Andy

I will check the file against the frequencies again, and fix it if necessary for the next release.

Cool, cheers!

Anyone else had BBC Four, Parliament and CBBC show up twice after a scan?

Yep. And all the BBC radio stations too.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Because there are some extra frequencies in there to take care of before and after the switchover, it is possible that you are picking things up from a different transmitter.

Try the attached file.

Attachments

• UK.Crystal Palace.xml
      2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom