Record, Cut Commercials and Transcode - all automatically? (1 Viewer)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I've a question how to automize the post-recording-actions from TV-Server. Is it possible to setup plugins and/or MediaPortal in that way, that it records movies/series, seeks commercial breaks, cuts them out and converts the ts-file into a divx/xvid-file or dvd-compliant-file so that the file is ready to be burned? I know - lots of requirements, but this would be the ideal scenario.

At my HTPC I got so far:

- The HTPC awakes from S4 (Hibernate) with the help of "MCE Standby tool" (otherwise it would only automatically awake from S4 one time and never again)

- ComSkip launches while recording and does its job fine - as far as I could see.

It would be very nice, if somebody could tell me how to set up ComClean (I think) and how to convert the Com-Free-File automatically into file-formats like divx/xvid/mpeg4 etc after ComClean has finished.

Thank you very much!

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    For The Record has fully configurable post-processing capabilities. You can even have the post-processing run at night :)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

This Plugin sounds good. But I'm afraid of the tuner and channel-scan function. MP is just configured fine, tv works and recording too. I just want to comskip/transcode the file after TV-Server recorded it. Is this also possible? If so, how long does the transcode take? Right now, it takes about 15 minutes for an ts-file of "1h and 15min" length to convert into divx.

Additionally, i got an error when trying to install 4TR. It creates the databases (I looked it up in mysql-console), but stops with the error:

"Can't create table "./fortherecord/guideprogramwordfragment" errorno: 150"

Why?

Thanks!

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    We botched the MySQL installation script :( Installing 1.3.2 and then immediately upgrading to 1.3.3 works fine. We'll upload a 1.3.3.1 with a fixed MySQL script on the For the Record forum as soon as possible (normally this evening). Sorry about that.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You might want to consider MCEBuddy, you need to enable .ts as file format under file selection (default dvr-ms).

Set a reasonable delay "day wise" before any conversion takes place, mines 14 days, so if the file is still there after that period of time, then conversion starts.

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm... sounds good. I'll take a look this evening too. It's exactly what I was looking for. But it doesn't call ComClean to cut the com-breaks, does it?

Promark

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You might want to consider MCEBuddy, you need to enable .ts as file format under file selection (default dvr-ms).

Set a reasonable delay "day wise" before any conversion takes place, mines 14 days, so if the file is still there after that period of time, then conversion starts.

Can you post a link please have searched and cannot find any thread for download info :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom