Recorded TV 'missing' after scanning for new channels (1 Viewer)

Santy

Portal Pro
September 4, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: TV Server
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3 Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+
HDD: Seagate 250Gb / Maxtor 500Gb
Memory: 2Gb DDR2 667
Motherboard: ASRock ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2
Video Card: PNY GeForce 8600GT
Video Card Driver: 178.24 Forceware
Sound Card: Realtek 7.1 HD Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T-500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffd show
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: UK Freeview
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: 650w
Remote: Hauppauge 45 button
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I recently deleted all my tv channels and re-scanned them because I moved to another part of the country. When I did this all the programmes I've recorded disappeared from the "My Recordings" tab in MediaPortal. (The actual files are still on my computer and haven't been deleted, but they just can't be accessed through MediaPortal).

I've tried going into TV-Server Configuration --> Recording Settings --> Database Import - but they no longer appear in there either.

This has happened before on other versions of MediaPortal when I have done a channel re-scan and always produces the same result. The only way I've found to get them back is to uninstall and reinstall MediaPortal which is a bit extreme...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Move them outside the recorded folder (same drive should only take a few seconds), reboot, now move them back and run config, see if it will reimport then.

Santy

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    I gave that a try but unfortunately it's made no difference. They're still not listed in the Database Import option...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Stupid question But I need to ask, have you moved the recording folder settings for ALL cards :)

Santy

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Yes... Each card has been set to the same directory... E:\Recorded TV

No problem with asking a stupid question anyway, because most of the time it's the most simple solution which you overlook. Hopefully this is one of those!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    No problem with asking a stupid question anyway, because most of the time it's the most simple solution which you overlook. Hopefully this is one of those!

:D got lots of those.

I would then delete the MpTvDb SQL database, you can back it up first using the SQL management express found here

Reset everything up in config, I think the recordings are still linked to the no longer existing channels (in theory they are not, but may be in sql world :), could even be a bug), hopefully a new db will get rid of the links and allow you to import, you would need to kill tvservice.exe in task manager to do all the above, and your login would be the same as MP, ie sa & MediaPortal.

Santy

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Yep... that did it! Thanks very much :)

Does that mean it's a bug with SQL server rather than MediaPortal? Seems a bit awkward to have to go through the setup again every time the channels are scanned. Especially since I'll have to do it again soon since some Freeview channels are moving around.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Removing the channels will not delete the recordings info, so think the way db works is it keeps references to the old channel details for the recording, so the recording ends up in limbo, its tied to the old channel, which then will not let it be removed\imported to the new channel, because in its mind it already exists :(

Definitely needs to be looked at.

Santy

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Ah, well at least we got to the bottom of it... sort of. I'm guessing this will get looked at by yourself and the other developers?

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    You can also run an update query on your Recording table to let all recordings point to channel id = -1

(...Or any valid channel id ... that's what I did)

It could be just one recording btw... all recordings need valid channel id's in order for MP to show any of your recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom