MP2 - V2.4 Recorded TV thumbs not being created (1 Viewer)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Maybe @Lichloathe or @marabicudi can check on their system. I just want to know the issue is systematic or individual.
    I just tested this on my 2.4 setup. Here, thumbnails are created correctly for recordings. I have not tried TV mosaic though.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Paul F I checked your logs again and can not find further issues related to thumbnails. Can you once reinstall MP2.4 and try once again. I've no big hope it will change anything, but apart from that I've no idea what we can do.

Paul F

Portal Member
    April 11, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all - thanks for looking into this. I have some updated info - today (before reading the above) I started preparing this 'test system' to become the live system - this simply meant adding a couple of extra TV cards (USB) and changing the media library locations and TV recording location from e.g. "C:\users\public\recorded TV" to a network location "\\nas\common\video\recorded tv" .

I just checked and now the thumbs are now being created fine!! :)

(I also checked that recordings made just before the change of folder still didnt have any thumbs created - so it seems for whatever reason the system didnt like creating thumbs on the local drive - maybe this makes some sense you ? [ I mention it in case someone else has the same problem])

Thanks again
    Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom