1.12.0 Recording not acepted (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for investigating huha. To be honest I was also confused when I tried to look at your plugin code. I saw that the direct DB connection appeared to be commented or not used, and so the cause of the problem was not obvious to me. Nevertheless, I could not ignore the reports that disabling your plugin solved the problem.

In terms of extensible and modular design, it is not recommended/desirable for any client-side component to connect and communicate directly with the database. When data is needed from the database, best is to get it via the remoting connection to the server and let the server be the only component that communicates with the database. Having said this, the TV plugin does not follow this guideline. :(

Does your plugin interact with the database through TvBusinessLayer during loading?

Baserunner

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to inform you that I am facing the same issue without having MPWishList installed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to inform you that I am facing the same issue without having MPWishList installed.
    Thanks for your input. I hope you will provide log files so I can confirm that your problem is actually the same (not just the same symptom from a completely different problem) and investigate it. Otherwise there's absolutely nothing I can do to help you.

PMUXY

Portal Member
    July 13, 2015
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I just tried this new dll.
    First, I reinstalled the client part.
    (actually deinstalled rebooted, then reinstalled the whole plugin , as installing above the server only config, was failing.
    The reason why I had a server only installation of TVwishlist is because I tried 1.13.0,and came back to 1.12.0, my CPU cannot handle the 1080 OSD while playing 1080i live TV. I did not install the TVwishlist client part after these experiments.)

=> I had the issue back, immediately. (not being able to set a record).
    I replaced the dll, and still have the same issue.

Note that the plugin U/I is not working with this tweaked dll. (a message like : unable to work with the server plugin)
    Anyway, I guess there is no need to debug it, as it is not solving the issue.

I attached the error log.

Note that I had no issue for one month now, using only the server part of TVwishlist. It disappeared again as soon as I disabled the client.

If you cannot explain the issue from this plugin code, maybe it is not the root cause, and just creating a timing issue at MP startup, on my tiny hardware.

Regards

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mm135200, sorry for causing trouble here. Your previous post could be the key.
    Yes i am using the TvBusinessLayer during initialization in the method Init().
    If I understand correctly I need to move that to the method OnAdded() which is executed after loading the plugins.
    Attached is a new testversion. The previous test version will not help.

I am still not following your guideline from the previous post. Can you point me to an example source code for client to server communication following that guideline?

Attachments

• TvWishListMP.zip
      68.1 KB

PMUXY

Portal Member
    July 13, 2015
    Home Country
    France France
    So, I tried this new dll and no record issue (tried one time). I put back the standard dll, and the issue happened again (tried two times).

However, the new dll does not work.
    I uploaded the screenshot.

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
      Sans titre.jpg
      110.8 KB

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PMUXY, the version number does not match between client and server plugin. I will compile a full release package soon.
    Great to hear the original problem disappeared!

PMUXY

Portal Member
    July 13, 2015
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry, I spoke too fast.
    I was willing to confirm that the problem was solved, so I reenabled the plugin, using your new dll, although it does not work. To let it run for a while.
    And I had the error again. The message is slightly changed, but it is mainly the same issue.

I uploaded the log.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PMUXY, no problem. Would have been too easy :). At least i am able now to fully reproduce the issue

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please try again the attached zip file.
    Unzip and extract to a folder first and then run install.exe and install both tv server and MP plugin.

Attachments

• TvWishList.Release.zip
      6.5 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom