1.12.0 Recording not acepted (1 Viewer)

PMUXY

Portal Member
July 13, 2015
Home Country
France France
For info : I have been unable to reproduce this issue since I disabled TV Wishlist, client part, yesterday. The server part is still running fine.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay. Please continue to test with that plugin disabled for a few more days. If the issue still does not come back, please try to re-enable the plugin and test for a few more days.

If the problem comes back while the plugin is still disabled then we will need to investigate further.
    If the problem comes back when the plugin is enabled again then we will ask you to report the situation to @huha .
    If the problem does not come back at all then I'm not sure what we can say/do.

@Brudertac
    From the log files and config file that you previously supplied (thanks :) ), it looks like your symptoms are the same (unable to create/modify gentle.config file, and you also use the TVWishListMP plugin). So the suggestions for you are the same as for PMUXY.

To @alexfon @Stéphane Lenclud @sunflower
    From my perspective I haven't seen enough information from any of you to be able to say whether your problem has the same cause as PMUXY or not.
    In the interests of finding and resolving the problem, I'd appreciate it if you could stop using workarounds and provide log files as soon as you are able to reproduce the problem. Otherwise unfortunately there's probably nothing I can do to help you.

PMUXY

Portal Member
    July 13, 2015
    Home Country
    France France
    For my part, I disabled the TVWishlist client part for 5 days, w/o occurence of this issue, and reenabled it 3 days ago.
    =>
    I had the issue everyday since the plugin is reenabled : 3 times. At each first launch of MP for the day.

Is MP trying several times or just throws an error at first collision ?
    Maybe, the access to gentle.config should be restricted to the server and client of MP, or the init of MP should be completed before leaving the access to the plugins.

Anyway, I am going to disable the client plugin for good. For me, the U/I of the server part is good enough.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the report PMUXY.

@huha
    I'm hoping we can work with you to resolve this issue. :)
    Can you confirm that your TVWishList client plugin reads the gentle.config file?
    If yes, can you direct me to the relevant code?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nothing more than what you can read here.
    It appears that the cause of the issue is failure to read the previously selected channel from the MediaPortal configuration file. That failure in turn seems to only occur when the TVWishList-MP plugin is installed and enabled.
    Unfortunately @huha has not responded. It looks like he's not available at the moment.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mm1352000, just came back. Tvwishlist is not reading directly gentle.config, but is using a very old file
    TvDatabaseConnect.cs in the client plugin (TvWishListMP), which is connecting to the tv database.
    I will read the full thread on the week end.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I looked at the MP client code.
    TvWishList Client Setup is accessing to the tv server database using a method
    ConnectToDatabase(), which i copied many years ago. I have no idea how that is related to the issue described here.
    Can someone point me to a client plugin code connecting to the tvserverdatabase?

The TvWishList client plugin itself is NOT using this method (it is commented). The connection in the client is done only by
    TvBusinessLayer layer = new TvBusinessLayer();

To be honest i have no idea how to go from there and how that could be related to the issue.

C#:
    public class ServiceInterface : System.Web.Services.WebService
    {
        public string gentleConfig;
        public string connStr;

public bool ConnectToDatabase()
        {
            Log.Debug("");
            Log.Debug("RemoteControl.IsConnected=" + RemoteControl.IsConnected.ToString());

try
            {
                if (RemoteControl.IsConnected)
                return true;

string provider = "";
                RemoteControl.HostName = Environment.MachineName;
                RemoteControl.Instance.GetDatabaseConnectionString(out connStr, out provider);
                Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory.SetDefaultProviderConnectionString(connStr);
            }
            catch (Exception exc)
            {
                Log.Error("TvWishListMP: Connecting to Tvserver database failed");
                Log.Error("Exception is:" + exc.Message);
                return false;
            }
            Log.Debug("Connected to Tv database");
            return true;
        }

}

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a wild guess, but i tried to reuse the same setup method now also for the client. Attached is a test client plugin using now for both the ConnectToDatabase() method as described above.

The attached plugin needs to replace the TvwishListplugin in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

Attachments

• TvWishListMP.zip
      68.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom