1.12.0 Recording not acepted (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, that is unexpected! :confused:
    Maybe the problem is actually this:
    [collapse]
    [2015-11-23 20:01:18,897] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Unable to create/modify gentle.config Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\gentle.config', car il est en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus., à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    à System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
    à TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.SetupDatabaseConnection()[/collapse]

Can you please check the permissions for that file. It should be possible for MediaPortal to read and modify it. It should not be marked as "read-only".

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm, that is unexpected! :confused:
    Maybe the problem is actually this:
    [collapse]
    [2015-11-23 20:01:18,897] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Unable to create/modify gentle.config Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\gentle.config', car il est en cours d'utilisation par un autre processus., à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    à System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
    à TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.SetupDatabaseConnection()[/collapse]

Can you please check the permissions for that file. It should be possible for MediaPortal to read and modify it. It should not be marked as "read-only".

I also saw those error in my Logs in the past sometimes. Will have to take a look in actual Log files...

PMUXY

Portal Member
    July 13, 2015
    Home Country
    France France
    The file is accessible by everyone : Properties/security/everyone => total control.

Actually, the error message is stating something like : "the process is unable to access the file because it is already in use by another process".

M$ guys were not very clever to spend money to translate error messages in local language...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I'm then wondering what else could be accessing that file.
    The only things I can think of are:
    • MP Configuration
    • an MP plugin for TV functions (eg. TVWishListMP)

PMUXY

Portal Member
    July 13, 2015
    Home Country
    France France
    The issue is that the file seems only briefly opened at start of MP. So I could not catch the collision with processexplorer. Unless you know a way to record the history.
    BTW: why gentle.config is opened for read/write at each start, as it seems its content is mainly static ? readonly might be sufficient ?

I found that when the collision occurs at start of MP, setting a record will fail until I start live TV.
    Look at the log I uploaded : I started MP, watched some recorded TV, then tried to set a record => fail. 30 minutes later.

After such failure, playing live TV makes subsequent recordings work until MP is stopped.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The issue is that the file seems only briefly opened at start of MP. So I could not catch the collision with processexplorer. Unless you know a way to record the history.
    Even if you could get the history, ProcessExplorer will not be able to tell you if a plugin is using the file in another thread.

BTW: why gentle.config is opened for read/write at each start, as it seems its content is mainly static ? readonly might be sufficient ?
    Because AFAIK the database connection details are meant to be copied from the TV Server on each start.

I found that when the collision occurs at start of MP, setting a record will fail until I start live TV.
    Okay, thank you.

Based on this result it seems like the problem is specific to your setup/configuration, and it seems less likely there is a general bug.

Did you try running MP with all plugins disabled (Watchdog option 1)?

PMUXY

Portal Member
    July 13, 2015
    Home Country
    France France
    I disabled the client part of TVwishList. And am waiting for the issue to appear again.

My setup is not very special, as far as I can tell :
    - Win10 : I cannot remember if I saw the issue with Win7.
    - MP1.11.0 or MP1.12.0 : I had the issue with both.
    - XMLTV
    - Sole added plugin : TVWishList

But anyway I can live with it, along with my stuttering issue when playing HD w/o SD before.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello! :)

I needed your MediaPortal.xml to confirm, but I think the reason was that MediaPortal did not have a "current channel"...

Regards,
    mm
    I have the same issue. I can't setup a recording unless I tune to a channel and start live TV.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have the same issue. I can't setup a recording unless I tune to a channel and start live TV.
    Please note my previous post about the possibility of the existence of 2 issues with similar/same symptoms. Therefore when you say "I have the same issue", it isn't 100% clear what your situation actually is. I'd be happy to try to assist if you could provide more detail (eg. answer the questions I've asked PMUXY in the last 2 pages) and provide log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom