Recordings dont get added to "Recorded TV" (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, I haven't touched the database. For this installation I uninstalled MSsql server and used the installer to install everything.

Was the db still there, might be some corruption stopping from displaying, solution delete db.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't understand the "delete from recordings". Where should I do this?

And I am very sure the database was deleted before installed again. Can I delete it now, just to make sure? Will starting the configuration and the TVservice then just create a new database?

Just ran Filmerit.
    Got 11 errors, all files missing. Among them a few MP ones. How do I best reinstall these?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Just re-configure in MediaPortal Configuration & test, if something it's missing, google -> download & install whats needed, the rest should be installed with installer.

Regards
    Roy

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just tried again, to tune a channel to record it - And I, once again, gets my "Unable to start Timeshifting, unknown error occur" as described in this thread.

I think I'm just gonna try to do a full reinstall of MP and the database and hope that gets rid of my problems - it seems I am the only one they are happening to.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can't choose to repair them, that option is greyed out. Unless I have to do it some other way. I could just google for those files, but that just seems to me to potentially introduce more errors if i google and randomly downloads that stuff.

btw thanks for all the quick replies, really doing a great job.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Just unlock with 3'rd button from right(top) & use delete filter or whatever it is called ;)

Regards
    Roy

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ah, didn't see that it was locked. Thanks.

So, I repaired everything with filmerit, and still nothing changed. So I did a reinstall of Mediaportal.

Without changing anything in the recordings settings (path, filenames and so on) I tried again and now recordings show up. Once again, I have no idea as to why I saw that odd behaviour before. Beginning to look like whenever I get an error, I should just try reinstalling before asking questions...

I'll try now to change the recording settings to what I want them to be, and see if everything is fine then.
    Again, thanks for all the help and patience.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    [edit]Now I got a problem with the configuration. I can't exit it, seems like its stopping the tvservice.

I entered configuration
    Changed the recording paths
    And then tries to click "OK".
    It hangs for 5 seconds where i can't do anything in the window, and then just returns as if I had never pressed "OK". If I try to change the section I'm in, For instance to "Plugins" I get an error message saying "TVservice not started".
    Only way to get out of this is to kill the program from task manager.

Got logs from the tvserver attached.

[EDIT2]On the bright side it seems reinstalling fixed my other problems. I now can see my recordings in "Recorded TV" and I have sound on them as well. Will monitor it over the next few days to see if it keeps working. I really do hope so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom