Recordings dont get added to "Recorded TV" (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    isee that problem that TV-Server Configuration / TV-service just freezes when i change i.e. recording paths too.
    but i was never abe to reproduce it..... seems totally random :(

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    isee that problem that TV-Server Configuration / TV-service just freezes when i change i.e. recording paths too.
    but i was never abe to reproduce it..... seems totally random :(

Hi,
    Me thinking, maybe it is because EPG from dvb-x runs & path it's busy when you change it & then causes this?

Regards
    Roy

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Trying out the new release and have been recording alot, but none of it seems to be added to the "Recorded TV" section.
    i can not confirm this issue. :(

I have the same issue.

Might help to compare notes - my TV recordings are on a separate drive ( R:\TV ) rather than the standard path.

This appears in my error.log when I access the TV Recordings section of the GUI :-
    2008-04-19 20:21:24.617369 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvPlugin.TvRecorded.LoadDirectory()
    at TvPlugin.TvRecorded.OnPageLoad()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2008-04-19 20:21:27.164554 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvPlugin.TvRecorded.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    2008-04-19 20:21:32.805865 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvPlugin.TvRecorded.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I get that same erroras KevinM.

I am running TV ServerRC1 refresh on a seperate box with No MP installed. All of my clients are XP Pro SP2, and all PC's cannot see a TV Recording. Checked the Database tables, and all looks fine in there with 32 entries across diffrent channels. The files are also in the folders. Again, I am not using the default recoding location rather a different partition for my recordings.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TV-Server Version: TV Server 1 RC1
    MediaPortal Version: MP1 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: WIN XP SP2 (Client)/Win 2003 Server (TVServer)
    CPU Type: AMD 64 +4800 (Client)/Intel DualCore 2150(Server)
    HDD:
    Memory: IGB DDR2 800(Client)/1GB DDR2 667 (Server)
    Motherboard: Asus M2A VM-HDMI(Client)/GigaByte GA-VM900M (Server)
    Motherboard Chipset: AMD 690G
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Integrated ATI Radeon X1250-based graphics
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.2
    Sound Card: ALC883 High Definition Audio 6-channel
    Sound Card AC3: Coax out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Twinhann DVB-T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Leadtek DTV-1000T
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDShow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Sony 40" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-d & HDMI

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Go figure..... I just changed the recording path to UNC(\\garage10\g$\TV Recordings), restarted TV Server only and got bad "remote host dropped connection" errors. So I changed the recording path back to what it was(G:\Tv Recordings), restarted TV Server again and now all is OK. I can see all my recordings.

Will do some more tests, but looking at my logs, it maybe that if SQL Server database is not available at the startup for TV Server, although eventually TV Server starts ups, it may be that the TV Recordings does not work???

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats exactly the same error I posted before!
    I don't see my recordings neighter.

I think it is a problem of the MP. When I use the MPTVclient I see all of my recordings!

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    are there any news? I really want to see my recordings!

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Go figure..... I just changed the recording path to UNC(\\garage10\g$\TV Recordings), restarted TV Server only and got bad "remote host dropped connection" errors. So I changed the recording path back to what it was(G:\Tv Recordings), restarted TV Server again and now all is OK. I can see all my recordings.

Will do some more tests, but looking at my logs, it maybe that if SQL Server database is not available at the startup for TV Server, although eventually TV Server starts ups, it may be that the TV Recordings does not work???

I tried that but it didn't make any difference for me.

I'm thinking of reinstalling. I might revert to MySQL as well - it's easier for me to figure out what's going on.

pavelr

Portal Member
    March 6, 2006
    I had same errors. I found problem with Database import in TV server configuration. I imported all my files and if I looked to DB to table Recordings, I found value= -1 in column IdChannel for some items. I deleted all rows with this IdChannel manually and immediately I get list of all recordings in MediaPortal clients.

Now, I have all my recordings in Mediaportal :)

When I used MatroskaImporter.exe for import files to MP in previeus SVN, MatroskaImporter.exe told me "Could not build TreeNode from recording ..." for "corrupted" recordings. In TV server configuration/Recording/ setting/Database import in list of files I have all files including corrupted.

But why IdChannel=-1 I don´t know.
    Regards
    Pavel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom