Refresh Rate Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

olavm

Portal Pro
November 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
That's interesting, I figure the original plugin works with powerstrip only, but since I use a nvidis 8400gs, powerstrip doesn't work. A radeon 3470 is on order though, which hopefully will fix things and give a cooler system. Anyone getting this plugin to work with command line RR commands and have a sample refreshratecontrol.xml file?

Aurora13

Portal Pro
November 2, 2006
Hi,

like i mentioned a couple of days ago, ive changed the plugin so that it works without powerstrip. now i think it have to work but for me it doesnt work :( but i think thats another problem with my tv....
if there is any interest for this changed plugin i will upload it later

edsche

Yes please I'm very interested!

Regards,
Aurora13

Memphys

Portal Member
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
noone is working on this addon anymore? Or a similiar one? I've been very surprised this issue got not much interest since it's a very important feature especially for ppl like me that got displays able to natively support 24p signals. I've tryed this addon with the current svn of mediaportal and it doesn't work... :( and no i can't use the reclock+powerstrip trick since i'm using vista =|

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Sorry, I have moved over to the reclock + powerstrip solution. It always gets the correct fps unlike the directshow detection in this tool, no idea why. I even went back to XP, eschewing the lovely EVR output, and I'm happy with my choice. I have wonderful smooth video output for pretty much my entire collection.

There are rumours that there will be a new reclock version one day soon, compatible with Vista.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have moved over to the reclock + powerstrip solution. It always gets the correct fps unlike the directshow detection in this tool.
    Does reclock + powerstrip work correctly with physical DVDs, too - in otherwords, it can detect the different refresh rates required for PAL vs NTSC?

I read somewhere that it would only work with DVDs if hardware acceleration is disabled, which doesn't make sense to me ...

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I've just been watching the Kraftwerk Minimum Maximum DVD that is PAL and that was correctly determined and changed to 50, considering my default refresh is 59.94. I'll check a NTSC DVD if I can remember which of mine are!

I did have some strange results with Nvidia Purevideo codec, such as locking to 8fps in the TV client, so I purchased the Cyberlink PowerDVD codecs and they appear to work better on a range of different sources. I had a .ts of Finding Nemo that the Nvidia codec would splutter with reclock or not, and now it is smooth. This is all with hardware acceleration on a ATI x1950 Pro.

mascot

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This plugin looks great - I'll try it tonight...

As it seems I need three different refreshrates running... is that all?

- 23.976 hz or a multiple (71.928 hz?) for 24 fps material
    - 25 hz or multiple (50 hz?) for 25 fps material
    - 29.97 hz or multiple (59.94 hz?) for 30 fps material (ie. NTSC video or DVD??)

I have set powerstrip to 1365x768 @ 60 hz at the moment, can someone please tell me how I add the other refresh rates in Powerstrip, because I guess it needs the refreshrates stored, or??

/edit whats the actual difference between this plugin and powerstrip + reclock?

cmbe

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hi,

Kenwonders could you please post your working RunEvent.vbs, from your reclock+powerstrip solution, as a guide to others, like me ;-)?

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    That might seems dumb but i dont really see the point of changing RR depending on FR. I have never felt a discomfort on any FR, my projector or PC screen always being at the same RR. Could someone explain to me, i would love to understand and may be even use this plugin ;)

Thanks

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I dont know if it has been mentioned already. But the external player The KMPlayer (KMP) also has the ability to detect source information like FPS info. It also has the option to create rules within the player that can change the refreshrate of the adapter (depending on the source ofcourse). This solution is OS independent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom