Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should be able to access the folders when you enter them in explorer adress bar.

There is also a setting in explorer: check "show hidden folders" and uncheck "hide system folders"

enchant

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Now that I found the logs, I discovered that it didn't like my directx install. I uninstalled and re-installed directx, and I'm able to bring up MP2 now.

One question - I looked through the wiki, but didn't see this covered. Currently, MP1 handles files in a directory structure that you can navigate much like Windows Explorer. You configure a top-level directory, and you can go down into directories till you find what you're looking for. From what I can see, MP2 doesn't do that - it organizes by genre's, etc. I have a very deep hierarchy of videos. Will I still be able to navigate that with MP2? I did configure the directory in the Shares settings, but it appears to be listing all videos on the drive (or at least a lot of them, anyways.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    To improve series matching please send me a file/folder list ("tree /f /a c:\path_to_series\ >series.txt"), either attach it to the related thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...pport-for-mp2-medialibrary-2012-04-15.106960/) or via PM if you prefer.

More than happy to help.

Attached file is a trimmed listing of one of the GLOBAL shared configured in MP2.

While this list contains examples of all the conventions used, my most typical (+90%) layout is (from UNC root) based on example..

Example: //BNAS/TV/All/Comedy/Farther Ted/Series 1/01 - Good Luke Father Ted.mkv
    Standard: //BNAS/TV/All/GENRE/SERIES NAME/SERIES NUMBER/EPISODE Number <space> - <space>EPISODE NAME.EXT

RegEx for this from TV Series - "^.*?\\?(?<series>[^\\$]+?)\\Series (?<season>[0-9]{1,2})\\(?<episode>[0-9]{1,2}) -"
    I know from reading the MP TV Series forum this is a moderately common requirement - especially for those of us who've built up a collection on a long time frame and the ability to navigate through collection without any software support tends to dictate a patch based naming convention schema.

in MP2 itself, this Global share is defined as "//BNAS/TV/All/Comedy" - named Comedy & selected as Video.

Series support, like movie support (I have moving pictures and make too it deliver to my requirements I have had to design movie categories & add a lot of fairly complex filters) is an area where giving the end user the ability to tailor their experience to the N'th degree is what makes MP stand out - yes it takes a lot of effort as end user but it's my choice and long may it be so:). As a result, I think this, like other 'configuration' tasks will have be split from the client GUI - the ability to trash months of effort in getting library upto what my family consider 'working' in a few clicks - scary scary.

TTFN

PS - being English, it's Series not Season:->

Attachments

• Comedy.txt
      3.5 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks JimCatMP! I've checked your file list: your naming convention is already supported in the current version (no release yet). So after all I think we are on a good way with MP2 series support :)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks JimCatMP! I've checked your file list: your naming convention is already supported in the current version (no release yet). So after all I think we are on a good way with MP2 series support :)

Great news Morpheus, look forward to new release & a chance to do some testing.

TTFN - J

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Congratulations for the Alpha release. Really stable coupled with MPExtended for watching TV.

I have a request to add for future releases.

I think it would be great to have a function embedded in the program that will "remember" the position/dimensions of the program window in window mode.

It's the only function that the program needs If I want to switch my dad from WMC to MP2.

Last edited:

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Ahh, I love this! Well done! (y)
    I don't know if it's possible, but I would also like to have the possibility to download (or compile) the serverpart for Linux. :D To be able to compile it would maybe be best, then I can also install the MP2 server on my Qnap (where I have all the movies) :love:
    Can this maybe be possible in the future?

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    (I have Windows 8 running on Oracle VM virtual box)
    When I try MP2 client (after starting MP2 server) on VirtualBox with a virtual Windows 7, I get directX error:
    SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception: D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE: Not available (-2005530518)

It's a clean Windows 7 pro SP1 with all updates + DirectX 9 + dokan-0.5.3.
    Settings - Display - 3D enabled (tried also 2D before, but not enabled now). 64MB video memory.
    Installed Guest Additions in Safe Mode and enabled 3D there
    VirtualBox is 4.1.8,

What settings do you have to get MP2 running on VirtualBox?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom