Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (2 Viewers)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Trying to run it in in Windows 8 CP (I know asking for problems :) ), I installed the Dokan library (that was the first error I got), but now the installer quits with no particulary reason given, is there any log created during the setup?

/edit:
    Found some logs, with the command MP2-Setup-Alpha-Release.msi /lv mp2_install_log.txt
    What does the log say?

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What does the log say?

Unfortunately the log doesn't say much interesting (or I'm missing it), the lines where it went wrong.

Code:
    Action ended 9:26:35: ExecuteAction. Return value 3.
    MSI (c) (6C:FC) [09:26:35:183]: Doing action: FatalError
    Action start 9:26:35: FatalError.
    Action ended 9:27:02: FatalError. Return value 2.
    Action ended 9:27:02: INSTALL. Return value 3.
    MSI (c) (6C:FC) [09:27:02:320]: Destroying RemoteAPI object.
    MSI (c) (6C:F4) [09:27:02:320]: Custom Action Manager thread ending.
    === Logging stopped: 3-3-2012  9:27:02 ===
    MSI (c) (6C:FC) [09:27:02:322]: Note: 1: 1708 
    MSI (c) (6C:FC) [09:27:02:322]: Product: MediaPortal 2 -- Installation failed.

I've included the full log, for those who are interested.

Attachments

• mp2_install.txt
      260.3 KB

toga67

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the release. It looks very good.
    I just tried the TV plugin and it works but i saw a much higher CPU load while watching TV compared to MP1 (using pdvd 11 codec). My hope was that MP2 would reduce the CPU load while watching TV. For example windows media center needs not so much cpu as MP1.
    I hope that will change in the future.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks for the release. It looks very good.
    I just tried the TV plugin and it works but i saw a much higher CPU load while watching TV compared to MP1 (using pdvd 11 codec). My hope was that MP2 would reduce the CPU load while watching TV. For example windows media center needs not so much cpu as MP1.
    I hope that will change in the future.

Try some other video decoder. Cyberlink's decoders require registry settings per player application and most likely you just don't have the DXVA enabled for the MediaPortal 2 in the decoder's settings.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Congrats on the release.

First impressions:
    - It starts very fast
    - It renders very fast and smooth
    - When I entered settings for the first time the screen would just flicker, and essentially hang the app. I killed mp2 and tried again and it worked
    - When I tried to configure shares it told me the server is not running. This should be automatic down the road on a single seat setup.
    - All my media is on a fileserver (2k3 box), I cant install the server there, so I installed it locally but when I go to add shares and network neighbourhood the server is not found. I can find no way to manually type a UNC path. Thus I am unable to add any shares.
    - Keyboard input does not seem to work. It's not a big issue on a real HTCP where u most likely use a remote anyways, but clicking the on screen keyboard with the mouse is kinda ackward (tested in weather setup)
    - I found no way to exit the client? Not even ALT-F4 seems to work. Had to use taskmanager.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Multiple users seem to have the problem that their keyboard doesn't work.
    You have to have the input field focused to make it receive keyboard input. In the default skin, a focused text box has a yellow border around it.

Inker:
    - To close MP2, use the X symbol in the upper left corner (default skin). Other skins might show the symbol somewhere else.
    - You can copy the locally installed MP2 server directory to your W2K server and start the server there. The server runs out-of-the-directory without any other components if you renounce the ability to have virtual directories (i.e. step into archives etc.). We reserve the requirement that the server finally might only be runnable on a Win 7 machine like the client, but currently, the server doesn't need Win 7 and should run even unter Win XP.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I just took a quick look:

- In some conditions you cannot exit MP2 with keyboard when using Reflexion skin, I was able to navigate to the top bar once but after I navigated around a while, I wasn't able to navigate to the top bar anymore.
    - I tried adding a network share but no shares were found. Using a Windows Explorer I can access my HTPC which has shares.
    - Pressing refresh in Weather constantly doesn't give a sound, how does MP2 handle rapid input (like leaving arrow keys/enter down)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom