Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (2 Viewers)

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I hope I am missing something really simple here, but I can't get the subtitles to work?
Latest LAV (0.48) is installed and used in MP. Subtitles is working when using LAV with MPC.

I have tried the ... option in MP when playing the files, selected the subtitles but it doesn't show.

Other than that my first impressions are.... Very fast start of both software and video files! Also seems quite stable for a preview release.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I hope I am missing something really simple here, but I can't get the subtitles to work?
    Latest LAV (0.48) is installed and used in MP. Subtitles is working when using LAV with MPC.

I have tried the ... option in MP when playing the files, selected the subtitles but it doesn't show.

Other than that my first impressions are.... Very fast start of both software and video files! Also seems quite stable for a preview release.

You neet a direct show filter (ie VSFilter formelly DirectVobSub) to display the subtitles in MP2.

Non latin letters are broken. Font problem?

The default skin uses an open source font, that does not contains all letters (IIRC even the € sign is not present). Maybe you should try Reflexion that uses an another font IIRC.

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Trying to run it in in Windows 8 CP (I know asking for problems :) ), I installed the Dokan library (that was the first error I got), but now the installer quits with no particulary reason given, is there any log created during the setup?

/edit:
    Found some logs, with the command MP2-Setup-Alpha-Release.msi /lv mp2_install_log.txt

Install dokan library and DX9 runtime first , then mediaportal 2.
    (I have Windows 8 running on Oracle VM virtual box)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Multiple users seem to have the problem that their keyboard doesn't work.
    You have to have the input field focused to make it receive keyboard input. In the default skin, a focused text box has a yellow border around it.
    Ah ok, seems this wasnt focused by default, I got it to work.
    Inker:
    - To close MP2, use the X symbol in the upper left corner (default skin). Other skins might show the symbol somewhere else.
    Am I blind?
    mp2.png
    - You can copy the locally installed MP2 server directory to your W2K server and start the server there. The server runs out-of-the-directory without any other components if you renounce the ability to have virtual directories (i.e. step into archives etc.). We reserve the requirement that the server finally might only be runnable on a Win 7 machine like the client, but currently, the server doesn't need Win 7 and should run even unter Win XP.
    Ok this is good. I'll try that.

How does the network share thingy discover locations? Any reasons why it wouldn't find my other PCs?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's a point that needs to be discussed, and I really understand your POV. Maybe a simple PIN code for settings would be sufficient to avoid problems ?

Actually I've noted post from Albert

There were some questions about an external configuration utility.
    MP2 provides a settings/configuration API which makes it possible that arbitrary configuration plugins or programs can access them. It is planned to have the settings accessible via the MP2 GUI (like it is implemented now), via an own configuration program and maybe via a web server. Other plugins are welcome.
    But the alternative configuration interfaces currently have a low priority at the moment because we'll first focus on important MediaCenter functions which are still missing.

Give me an 'external' and a away to turn off in GUI

In MP2 everything is a plugin. Just delete the Configuration plugin, and the configuration menu point won't be there any more. (Or you could remove the configuration action "Home->ConfigurationMain" in file Plugins/Configuration/Skin/default/Workflow/configuration-actions.xml).

Which my quick hack simply broke the machine:) but point taken - the level of control I want and the removal of control allowed by 'users' will be delivered via separate management function and possible a bit of hack (done properly though) to plugins - to me, that's a winner, job done (or will be).

Try the "Browse Media" button please, and use "Videos", "Audio" and "Pictures" as a search tool...

Yes, but is then just a file browser - all files, no meta data - Video & Audio buttons provided more than just a file listing but I don't want full MovieInfo and TVInfo like capabilities, IMDB (or IMDB+) fulfils all my needs (not that Movie & TV Info plugins are not brilliant, they are, just not for me) so the subset of functions currently in MP1 VideoPlugin is a perfect match.

Current importer is quite slow indeed. It is planned to imporve the process in a future release.

Slow not an issue, this is an Alpha after all, just hope there is a 'no thumbnail' button, so resources are not used for functions I don't need.

Thanks for your feedback then...

Cheers.

And again, many many thanks to you, Albert and all the other devs. Now I'll go back to somethging useful and see if I can hunt a bug or two to help.

TTFN - J.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Really good work. Tested the configuration and some local videos. All is fast and without problems.

I like the idea of wpf-skins and a central PC holding all data (information). I think this is the best way for a future with .net :). Also the main thing besides playing all movies at my point is TV-part. If this will be also that good, as the alpha already is, we will get some really amazing software in future.

Keep up the good work guys.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Your making me feel really stupid.
    This really was not my intention.
    How do I "navigate to the top left corner"?
    Remote did not work too good so try using Mouse instead. If I move the Mouse there, the symbols are appearing, every time...

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Your making me feel really stupid. I can't figure this out. How do I "navigate to the top left corner"? I tried pressing up, left, put the mouse there, press esc......

Like I said in few posts back I'm also having difficulties to navigate to "X" which closes MP2, using keyboard...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom