Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (2 Viewers)

Pigwoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Great job!
    Is any way to configure LAV codec in MP2?

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow, one word,,, GREAT !!! The first thing I saw was that this MP2 is really heavy on my GT420. As soon MP2 starts, my GPU is 100% full load and the fan too. With MP1 the hottest temperature I get was 80C and in MP2 it jumps to 93C in 10 sec. Am I the only affected ? Besides of that, WOw can't wait the Beta and/or V.1.0.

Keep up the good work guys.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @kilik360

Thats a high temperatures for just running MP1 or 2, my gt220 stays around 37-40C (idle 30) and the fan never rises in speed playing 1080p, using LAV or M$ filters.

pmwolf

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2010
    OK let me first say that so far it looks nice but I do have some problems with it.

• First the GUI based configuration.
      • While I understand that it is nice to be able to do everything through a single GUI, having a nice configuration setup similar to what MP1 has would be great.
    • Second it does not seem to handle shares with a lot of folders very well.
      • I configured it to hook up to one of my remote shares that have around 108 sub folders.
      • When I go to Browse Media button to get a browse that share only 9 folders show up. This may be due to the fact that it is an alpha release but if not let me know what I am doing wrong.
    • As others have said it would be nice to turn off features that you don't want, such as collecting metadata or pictures ect..
    • Also it gives my local server a funny name. It would be nice if we could rename the server

Other then those points so far it looks good.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    it does take some time to update the folder database.. and it does it sequentially.. in the order u chose to add them .. so i have like 1000 videos and 10000 songs... the songs didnt populate untill all the videos were populated.. give it some time lol

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    it does take some time to update the folder database.. and it does it sequentially.. in the order u chose to add them .. so i have like 1000 videos and 10000 songs... the songs didnt populate untill all the videos were populated.. give it some time lol

Some sort of dynamic priorisation for the import items in the future would be good to have to allow better user experience. Of course the ideal case is that the server has all the metadata scraped in the background already before the user even thinks about entering the views.

Jelleeelco

February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    First of all, congrats on a great alpha release. Its a complete different look & feel than MP1; much faster.

One quick question though. In MP1 I could setup the sound in for each source differently: tv via HDMI, video via optical, etc. Is it true that this functionality has been left out? Or do I miss something in settings?

Many thanks,
    Jelle

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all, congrats on a great alpha release. Its a complete different look & feel than MP1; much faster.

One quick question though. In MP1 I could setup the sound in for each source differently: tv via HDMI, video via optical, etc. Is it true that this functionality has been left out? Or do I miss something in settings?

Many thanks,
    Jelle
    Hi Jelle,
    yes, that functionality is not present in MP2. For my personal usage, it is not necessary. How do you use that function? What is your use-case?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    oh yeah that would be great! The best would be to do that without restarting MP :)

My use-case:
    watching Tv with the tv speakers is fine but Music I want to hear with bass so I need my Amp which has an optical input :)
    Sometime I also just hear radio with my tv speakers an suddenly I want to hear Music louder and in nice quality so I want to switch easily to my amp...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom