Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (2 Viewers)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    oh yeah that would be great! The best would be to do that without restarting MP :)

My use-case:
    watching Tv with the tv speakers is fine but Music I want to hear with bass so I need my Amp which has an optical input :)
    Sometime I also just hear radio with my tv speakers an suddenly I want to hear Music louder and in nice quality so I want to switch easily to my amp...

As we can do it without restarting using the Audio Renderer selection box, I hope it's possible to have a per player setting working the same way rather than a global setting ;)

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Just to add another user case for audio redirection options: it would be great to watch tv/video and direct sound over HDMI while my son is listening audiobook over head phones. Previously I had to start VLC for the latter.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just to add another user case for audio redirection options: it would be great to watch tv/video and direct sound over HDMI while my son is listening audiobook over head phones. Previously I had to start VLC for the latter.

And with that you will want a different volume for both player... I have the feeling it can be hard to do... Is it ?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From a relatively old school user of MP (~5Years):

I'm sitting here on my couch, with my laptop playing 2 TV channels picture-in-picture from the server with the SlimTV client in MP2. MP1 is running on my 40" LCD watching a different channel. There are 2 programs recording on 2 other channels. In the bedroom someone is watching yet another channel! Everything is totally smooth and perfect!

Even though this is just an alpha it's easy to see how good the architecture is.

WOW MP has come such a long way and just keeps getting better and better. Keep up the good work everyone! :)

MaxT

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    And with that you will want a different volume for both player... I have the feeling it can be hard to do... Is it ?

I do not use PC's volume - my remote (srm7500) allows to change volume directly on TV and wireless headphones have own volume control on them. So it is not that difficult :)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK let me first say that so far it looks nice but I do have some problems with it.

• First the GUI based configuration.
      • While I understand that it is nice to be able to do everything through a single GUI, having a nice configuration setup similar to what MP1 has would be great.
    <cut>
    NFI, but I'm just very happy everything managable from the GUI, I found this one of the most annoying things of MP1, cause when I'm sitting behind my TV, I only have remote.
    Having a seperate GUI on the server-side in a real client - server environment could be handy though.

Jelleeelco

February 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Jelle,
    yes, that functionality is not present in MP2. For my personal usage, it is not necessary. How do you use that function? What is your use-case?

My (preferred, future) use-case is as follows. One single box that can function as mediaplayer, satelite receiver and cable receiver, cd/dvd/bluray player. For that, sound TV must go via HDMI to TV, sound of movies to receiver (don't have an HDMI enabled receiver), sound of CD/DVD/BluRay to receiver.

Currently my wife didn't like the PVR functionality in MP1 (too slow GUI, cumbersome, long boot time of MP1 as well) nor XBMC (not stable) so I had to revert back to XBMC (for movies, fast GUI) and separate satelite/cable receivers.

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hello,

Until today i only use 1 single seat configuration with MP1.
    If i want to do a complete new system in my house with MP2 (1 Server with other 3 Clients or 1 Server/Client with other 2 Clients).
    Where should i start planning?

I don't understand to much Server/Clients things.

For the clients, i suppose any PC (capable of reproduce 1080p) with Win7 and connected to home network should do, right?

- And about the server? (Hardware/software/configurations)
    - And about the router and another equipment's? (hardware)

Can someone give some guide lines to start planning?

Thanks

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

Until today i only use 1 single seat configuration with MP1.
    If i want to do a complete new system in my house with MP2 (1 Server with other 3 Clients or 1 Server/Client with other 2 Clients).
    Where should i start planning?

I don't understand to much Server/Clients things.

Start with MP1 and go from there.
    Forget MP2 for now.

There is a lot of help available about MP1 and not yet about MP2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom