Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (1 Viewer)

punking

Portal Member
June 21, 2010
New York
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just trying out MP2. It installed okay (Windows 7 64bit) but when I doubly click on the server it starts to run then terminates itself (I've watched it in the task manager). I've attached the errorserverlog.

punking

Portal Member
June 21, 2010
New York
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thank you Pellegj copying those files and pasting them in the server installation folder now allows it to run.

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks good and finally PIP with SlimTV. I would like it even more if PIP would work with video and TV at the same time. For example I watch a video and with PIP I watch a TV channel.

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you Pellegj copying those files and pasting them in the server installation folder now allows it to run.
    Please also make a note in the thread i posted a link to, so that it get's confirmed more people have the same.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hallo, I've got a couple of requests and suggestions.

1. Let us use Alt+F4 to close MediaPortal 2 just like any other program :)
    2. I found it confusing to have the button Playlists on every screen. When i open Settings > Playlists i expect to see settings for playlists.
    3. How can I start MP2 on the secondary monitor?
    4. When making a selection, for example selecting decoders, it would help if a second press on Enter would save the setting and close the selection window. I mean if I want to select the top item, currently I need to press Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Enter, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Down, Left, Enter. This could be an alternative: Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Enter, Enter ;)

Thanks

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hallo, I've got a couple of requests and suggestions.
    3. How can I start MP2 on the secondary monitor?

Place a shortcut for MP2 client on the second monitor ;) I know it's weird at the moment, and a setting will be welcome for the future.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys and gals!

Finally we managed it to provide an Alpha version of MediaPortal 2.
    Thanks to our fantastic team! Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it possible!

Please take a look at the news on the home page to get more information and the link to the installer.

Enjoy it!

Not spotted this in any forum posting - but if you uninstall MP1 (trying to fix MPE installer problem on test box) your MP2 goes away as well, assuming you using same server - locally, no harm done, all test builds but just in case.................

TTFN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom