Remote Support for FireDTV (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys

I have now got a stable version of remote support for FireDTV, this is more of an add on to MediaPortal as it mimics the MCE remote.

I have also setup an interface to make it easy for additional remotes to be added.

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
firedtv said:
Hi Guys
I have now got a stable version of remote support for FireDTV, this is more of an add on to MediaPortal as it mimics the MCE remote.
I have also setup an interface to make it easy for additional remotes to be added.

Congratulations !
Is-it from you, Leslie ?
Your plugin in beta phase was very good :)

** Screenshot of beta version**

Now, we expect it, in next M-P CVS ;) .. before ... July's 0.1.3.0

A

Anonymous

Hi jean-max

Yes it is leslie, I am zipping everything for upload an will be posting tonight

Hell_Angel

Portal Pro
June 17, 2005
Home Country
Finland Finland
Remote support?

Hello!

I tried to add this plugin to my Mediaportal program. I first installed Mediaportal 1.0.2.0, then latest CVS (06-16-05), then I copied files from you archive file that includes those remote control files. After that I configured Mediaportal and enabled FireDTV remote control. I closed RC and CI programs before doing that. Then I restarted Mediaportal as it prompts and nothing happens. Remote don't work. Then I tried to put on that advance beta mode, but still nothing happens... What should I do?

Best regards,
Kari

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Remote support?

Hell_Angel said:
Hello!

I tried to add this plugin to my Mediaportal program. I first installed Mediaportal 1.0.2.0, then latest CVS (06-16-05), then I copied files from you archive file that includes those remote control files. After that I configured Mediaportal and enabled FireDTV remote control. I closed RC and CI programs before doing that. Then I restarted Mediaportal as it prompts and nothing happens. Remote don't work. Then I tried to put on that advance beta mode, but still nothing happens... What should I do?

Best regards,
Kari
It's already included in the latest CVS versions.

M

MadMouse

Hi Guys

I have submitted a patch to Sourceforge.

1.) Better logging
2.) Better Exception Handling.
3.) Updated DLL Interops.
4.) Response issues.

Please make sure that the fireSATAPI.dll file is in the mediaportal directory.

chrholm

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I could not get this to work until I had a look at the sources, and found there is a naming problem regarding the XML-entries in MediaPortal.xml.

In Configuration/Sections/FireDTVRemote.cs (204-206) the following is used to store the configuration:

Code:
xmlwriter.SetValueAsBool("remote", "FireDTV", checkBoxFireDTVEnabled.Checked);
xmlwriter.SetValue("remote", "FireDTVKeyFile", textBoxFireDTVKeyFile.Text);
xmlwriter.SetValue("remote", "FireDTVRemoteName", comboBoxRemoteControl.Text);

In RemotePlugins/FireDTV/FireDTVRemote.cs (75-77) the following is used to load the configuration:

Code:
_remoteEnabled	= ((xmlreader.GetValueAsBool("remote", "FireSAT", false)) && (_FireSAPapiFound));
_FileName		= (xmlreader.GetValueAsString("remote", "FireSATKeyFile", "FireSATKeyMap.XML"));
_RemoteName		= (xmlreader.GetValueAsString("remote", "FireSATRemoteName", "FireSAT Remote Control"));

When I changed the load to match the save, the remote control worked like a charm. I can't get the buttons 0-9 to work, but I will have to look at that some other day, for now its workable.

Christian

Jean-Max

Portal Pro
October 20, 2004
FRANCE
Hello

The integrated FireDTV remote plugin in 0130 (and its CVS) is OK :)
All works nice :)

Don't forget 2 things :

-> Copy FireSatApi.dll
from /program files/FireDTV/Tools
to /mediaPortal/

-> Close RC icon (Remote Control) in right task bar

Users who are viewing this thread