Rename epg-genre category (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

is there a possibillity to rename a epg-genre category in the tv server config and in Mp2?

I like to rename "special" to "series" and add a new category like "others".

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It should work like this following. Go to the TV configuration, click two times slowly on the genre name and edit it.
    After restarting MP2 server it should be updated.
    1601982726209.png

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks and how do I add a new genre group like others? I have then all, movies, series/soaps, sports, news, documentations, music, but no group for all others that is not interesting like teleshopping

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks and how do I add a new genre group like others? I have then all, movies, series/soaps, sports, news, documentations, music, but no group for all others that is not interesting like teleshopping
    I think you can not add additional categories. It's not because of MP2, but the TVE3 engine.
    Maybe @Lehmden knows a workaround ...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Personally I'm not very interested in those genres as way too often I would choose a different genre, if I had to. That's why I don't use genre colors in EPG...
    As far as I know there is no way to add new genre groups. They are hardcoded. So to change anything here you need to manipulate the source of TVE and compile it yourself.
    But the "others" group is existing (somehow). Everything that is not mapped into one of the defined groups automatically is in "others", means it has no special color in EPG...

For Kodi's MediaPortal PVR addon there is a configuration file where the genre mapping to MP's genre groups is defined. Maybe this can be a starting point, if someone may have a deeper look at this. I've attached it just for information.

Attachments

• genre_translation.zip
      2.7 KB

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As far as I know there is no way to add new genre groups. They are hardcoded. So to change anything here you need to manipulate the source of TVE and compile it yourself.
    But the "others" group is existing (somehow). Everything that is not mapped into one of the defined groups automatically is in "others", means it has no special color in EPG...

Okay, would be nice to define a color for that.

Users who are viewing this thread