Renaming files with Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks, RoChess. Yes I'm using imdb+ and also the renamed movies (for grouping for example) don't get through in many cases.

'Only Auto Approve from Primary Data Source' was true already. Changing 'Data Provider Request Limit' to 1 didn't make a lot of difference. Also with auto-approval rate on 'reckless' many movies do not auto-approve, including 'Batman III Batman Forever (1995) [tt0112462]' (renamed via imdb+). The strange thing is when you select 'rescan with custom search string' the name and year will be filled in, but imdb-id field is blank, even though it's in the title. It seems like the imdb-id is ignored.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks, RoChess. Yes I'm using imdb+ and also the renamed movies (for grouping for example) don't get through in many cases.

'Only Auto Approve from Primary Data Source' was true already. Changing 'Data Provider Request Limit' to 1 didn't make a lot of difference. Also with auto-approval rate on 'reckless' many movies do not auto-approve, including 'Batman III Batman Forever (1995) [tt0112462]' (renamed via imdb+). The strange thing is when you select 'rescan with custom search string' the name and year will be filled in, but imdb-id field is blank, even though it's in the title. It seems like the imdb-id is ignored.

With just that single movie, do you mind retrying the import, with MediaPortal running in debug-mode?

When I do the same I see the following in my movingpictures.log file:

06-Nov-2011 08:04:05 Info [ MovieImporter]: Watcher queued Batman III Batman Forever (1995) [tt0112462].avi for processing.
    06-Nov-2011 08:04:06 Debug [VideoFormatExtension]: Identifier: Path='D:\Batman III Batman Forever (1995) [tt0112462].avi', Format='File', Hash='0000000000000000'
    06-Nov-2011 08:04:09 Debug [ ImdbBuilder]: Lookup Imdbid=tt0112462: Title='Batman Forever', Year=1995
    06-Nov-2011 08:04:09 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='Batman Forever', Provider='IMDb+', Version=3.3.7, Number of Results=1

And it clearly finds and uses the IMDb tt-ID from the filename and then goes on to get the rest of the info.

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    This is what it says:
    <see attached file>

IMDb id is not recognised for some reason.

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    This is what it says:
    <see attached file>

IMDb id is not recognised for some reason.

Thanks

Yes, for some reason the ImdbBuilder log line is not present for you.

07-Nov-2011 20:42:04 Debug [ DBImportPath]: New File: Batman III Batman Forever (1995) [tt0112462].avi
    07-Nov-2011 20:42:09 Debug [VideoFormatExtension]: Identifier: Path='F:\Media\Movies\Batman III Batman Forever (1995)\Batman III Batman Forever (1995) [tt0112462].avi', Format='File', Hash='b2d937333b2dd8a3'
    07-Nov-2011 20:42:12 Debug [ DataProviderManager]: SEARCH: Title='Batman III Batman Forever', Provider='IMDb+', Version=3.3.7, Number of Results=18

Above are the relevant log lines from your test, and it is missing the very important:

07-Nov-2011 20:42:xx Debug [ ImdbBuilder]: Lookup Imdbid=tt0112462: Title='Batman Forever', Year=1995​

This is however done by the MovingPictures plugin.

You only provided a small part of the log file, or sometimes the other stuff ends up in movingpictures.old.log, either way I can not find the exact version of MovingPictures that you are running. So please verify it is at least: "Info [ MovingPicturesCore]: Moving Pictures (1.2.3:1329)"

What I could do however is modify the IMDb+ scraper-script and see if any tt\d{7} number is still present inside the filename and use that as IMDb tt-ID if the ImdbBuilder failed. But I'm more curious (and I'm sure so is the MovingPictures developer) in the 'why' on the failure, because it is supposed to just work.

Is that (F) drive a share, or anything else out of the ordinary? There are some issues with network shares are drive letters, if you adjust MovPic to use \\UNC share-name, that should eliminate a lot of weird side effects.

llambion

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2009
    Oviedo
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'd like rename my films like

\film name [year][video resolution][part].xxx

can i add to name the file resolution (SD,720p,1080)???

I tried with ${movie.videoresolution} but i don't work for me...

can anybody helps me??

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'd like rename my films like
    \film name [year][video resolution][part].xxx
    can i add to name the file resolution (SD,720p,1080)???
    I tried with ${movie.videoresolution} but i don't work for me...

That used to work, but function got disabled in one of the revisions to the rename system.

For now you can use 'most' of the values that scraper-scripts deal with as well as per:

Scraper Engine - Moving Pictures

But you'll have to wait for them to revamp the code on the rename system again to support all fields.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    thank you for your response.
    I'll wait to rename my files or try to rename any files manually.

You can do it semi-automatic.

Let MovPic rename your files to include IMDb tt-ID, and generate a "dir *.avi, *.mkv /ogn/b/s > dir_result.txt" output

Then use one of the offline list generator methods that you can find on the forum to create a list that contains the info you want to use.

Using Excel or other means you can then tweak things to create a a simple batch file that will rename the dir result to the result you want. Using the IMDb tt-ID you can match both results up.

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Think I cracked it. I changed the setting 'prefer folder name for movie matching' to 'false' and voila, everything gets auto-approved. The renaming as per the example in this thread adds the imdb-id to the file name, but not the folder name, so apparently this setting needs to be changed.

Thanks for your help!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Think I cracked it. I changed the setting 'prefer folder name for movie matching' to 'false' and voila, everything gets auto-approved. The renaming as per the example in this thread adds the imdb-id to the file name, but not the folder name, so apparently this setting needs to be changed.

Thanks for your help!

That makes sense, what I will do however is make an enhancement to IMDb+ scraper script, that if ${search.imdb_id} is empty, but the filename contains a compatible one, that I'll override the system and use it as-is. Because there is bound to be a user in the future that will have that setting still enabled in combination with files having the correct IMDb tt-ID via renaming their collection.

You can also use the 'Directory Rename Pattern' advanced option and add the ${movie.imdb_id} to that as well, but it will be a small adjustment to the scraper-script to support the other way as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom