Renaming files with Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, enhancement done, tested and verified.

I'm still working on making foreign title support to work with English switch option, but I'll release an inbetween update containing just this fix, but will test it one more time to make sure it didn't break anything else.

fitzy75

Portal Member
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This plugin is brilliant, it's been installed on my htpc for some time but I hadn't configured it or used it.

I have now got all my current movies organised and renamed, almost all new movies I add are recognised fine and approved. I am wondering though, is there a way for it to automatically rename the file when it is recognised? At the moment I have to keep going into the config to rename any new ones that I add, I cannot see a setting unless I have overlooked something silly.

Cheers
    Rob

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    This plugin is brilliant, it's been installed on my htpc for some time but I hadn't configured it or used it.

Hi Rob, for the MovingPictures rename system to work, it has to first import the movie, then you go into config and rename it.

Of course you can do the renaming later on after you have imported a bunch.

fitzy75

Portal Member
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok not to worry that's fine, are there future plans to implement auto renaming upon successful import?

Cheers
    Rob

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok not to worry that's fine, are there future plans to implement auto renaming upon successful import?

Not that I'm aware of, you can submit enhancement requests like that at the Google code project site at:

Issues - moving-pictures - A movies plugin for the MediaPortal media center application. - Google Project Hosting

First search to make sure nobody already submitted the issue, and if they did 'star' it to show your support and get it implemented faster (issues with more stars usually get worked on first)

fitzy75

Portal Member
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks very much RoChess, I've just added an issue as I couldn't find an existing one. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before :)

Ingram

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Home Country
    I too would like to see auto-renaming for a seamless operation. I was using CouchPotato to do it but that stopped working so I deleted it.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I cannot wait to try out this function. I have been using theRenamer and it is ok, but to be able to change the folder name and other files within the folders with moving pictures is really going to be great. I hope there will be an autorename upon successful import as well. Will head to google code project site and vote for it.
    -S

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi everyone
    Just tried this and ran into a small problem. I asked to rename my first movie but it seems like it wants to add the word "part #" at the end but there is only one part.
    What am I missing? Thought that if the movie didn't have another part that the part # would be left off. Sorry for choppy message I'm posting from my phone while the wife sleeps.
    -S

Attachments

• moving picture renamer 1.JPG
      moving picture renamer 1.JPG
      49.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom