Replace my GT430 with?? (2 Viewers)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nothing to do with Asus, its who sold it to you, thats if its under 12 months old.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I've borrow a GT610 passive card. Its a bit under powered but I'll see if the sync issues go away. Hopefully it will yield some results. I have noticed straight away the green line on the Shift+1 overlay is flatter. What does the green line show?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Definately better. Haven't seen any sync issues yet and the card actually performs reasonably well :) There are some more dropped frames than usual but I believe the card is a lower spec so probably to be expected. It also runs quite hot, 60c, and is right next to tuner card which also gets quite hot so that could be having something to do with it. Which is a shame because this CPU runs so cool the CPU fan is stopped half the time.
    Think I'll RMA the GT430, even if they say theres nothing wrong with it and want to charge me, they can keep it, pointless me having it back.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I was using a 460GTX which was great but pretty noisy, so I switched to a GT430. I had no end of problems with it - it was just way underpowered..

I am now using this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007H24NLG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00 and it is great. Silent, and works great. I use only LAV codec for everything, including 1080i.

HTH![DOUBLEPOST=1355432806][/DOUBLEPOST]Just looked back through the thread, and the GT430 I had problems with is the exact same one that you have. I tried everything - also I was using SSD for timeshift, and a E8500 with 8Gb RAM so wasn't a performance issue.. I changed only the GPU to the 7750 and now all is smooth...

I'm looking into buying one of those mate. Do you know if its HDMI1.4? Doesn't seem to say on Saphires website. Thinking of a 3D TV later in the year and would like to be ready for it if I do.

Thanks

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I was using a 460GTX which was great but pretty noisy, so I switched to a GT430. I had no end of problems with it - it was just way underpowered..

I am now using this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007H24NLG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00 and it is great. Silent, and works great. I use only LAV codec for everything, including 1080i.

HTH![DOUBLEPOST=1355432806][/DOUBLEPOST]Just looked back through the thread, and the GT430 I had problems with is the exact same one that you have. I tried everything - also I was using SSD for timeshift, and a E8500 with 8Gb RAM so wasn't a performance issue.. I changed only the GPU to the 7750 and now all is smooth...

I'm looking into buying one of those mate. Do you know if its HDMI1.4? Doesn't seem to say on Saphires website. Thinking of a 3D TV later in the year and would like to be ready for it if I do.

Thanks

Yes it is.. at least it worked perfectly for 3D for me.. both Bluray and Sky 3D.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Right before I order this.. I have sync issues again, I have now also tried HDMI video and audio (rather than HDMI + spdif) and its out of sync sometimes so I'm assuming its coming out the PC this way and not other parts of my AV setup screwing things up. It's freaking me out. Now I have a 6 core 3ghz CPU so I am guessing the CPU should be able to deal with all the decoding / deinterlacing without any performance issues.. so I would like to try this to rule out the GPU.

So my question.. what codec should I use, or what settings can I select in LAV that will force the CPU to do all the work and bypass the graphics card?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    In LAV video decoder config, set Hardware Decoder to 'none' and tick the 'Enable YADIF deinterlacing' box (and select 50p/60p output mode) - that should load up the CPU nicely ;)

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom