Replacement MTN (Thumbnailer) for H264 content (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've always wondered how to reset that blacklist, also when Seb and i were testing the ezthumb replacement. I renamed the FolderDatabase to .old and a new 1 is being created as we speak, but it doesn't reset the blacklisting :(
    But still... on the few files left were it tries to extract a thumb, it still fails.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As long as the file stays blacklisted, you will ofc not see mtn try and create a new one. :p

You can also try and rename the video db (this info has to be stored somewhere). Or simply rename the recordings you don't have thumbs for yet. ;)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, but not all my files are blacklisted, so on every try it still works on some files (as you can see in the logs). So far it has generated 2 thumbs for me which can do directly into the trash bin, since they've got no grid :( (2x2 set in MP config)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    GOD IT IS SO SIMPLE!!! :D
    1. open MediaPortal.xml
    2. look for <entry name="extractorversion">
    3. increase that which will tell MP, "hey there is an updated version of mtn!" and so the blacklist is cleared!
    So basically everytime an new version of MP is installed, that value seems to be increase and blacklist cleared.

@Dadeo I updated the wiki with that info. Now I just need someone to test if that really works. :D

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I didn't test it but I did edit the Config > GUI > Thumbnails wiki page for typos and formatting and added a sample from MediaPortal.xml so everyone will know exactly where to look.

Is there any way to check what is blacklisted? We could add that too if it is easy.

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I didn't test it but I did edit the Config > GUI > Thumbnails wiki page for typos and formatting and added a sample from MediaPortal.xml so everyone will know exactly where to look.
    (y)

Is there any way to check what is blacklisted? We could add that too if it is easy.
    Only by opening the database in a viewer, or look inside the MediaPortal.log when you are inside a folder which has videos that miss thumbs.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1. open MediaPortal.xml
    3. increase that which will tell MP, "hey there is an updated version of mtn!" and so the blacklist is cleared!
    So basically everytime an new version of MP is installed, that value seems to be increase and blacklist cleared.

@Dadeo I updated the wiki with that info. Now I just need someone to test if that really works. :D

Changing the extractor version might conflict with future MP version where the thumbnail extractor version changes and the blacklist clearing might not work in that case (even when the new extractor would be able to generate the thumbnails). So it is not adviced to change that manually. Actual thumbnail blacklist should be in some DB table if I remember correctly.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. open MediaPortal.xml

Changing the extractor version might conflict with future MP version where the thumbnail extractor version changes and the blacklist clearing might not work in that case (even when the new extractor would be able to generate the thumbnails). So it is not adviced to change that manually. Actual thumbnail blacklist should be in some DB table if I remember correctly.
    That value is a timecode. Don't know where the timecode is coming from. Maybe it's the compile date, maybe its the install date - no idea.
    Increase it by one minute and you should be done. ;)

As alternative we'd need a "clear blacklist" button inside configuration.exe -> GUI -> thumbs

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Blacklisted files are in VideoThumbBList table in videodatabase.

Dunno for sure but in code (I think) there is some timer after blacklisted files will be processed again for thumb creation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom