Reporting a Bug \ Requesting an Enhancement (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

normanbates8

Portal Member
April 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sure. Here are they:

tv1.JPG

No Background and different Font Sizes/Types

tv2.JPG

No OSD only tiny fonts. and some of them are hiding in the edge of the screen

tv3.JPG

Only thing i missed is the time in the top/left corner

video1.JPG

No Title and Description from a movie

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Sure. Here are they:

No Background and different Font Sizes/Types

No OSD only tiny fonts. and some of them are hiding in the edge of the screen

Only thing i missed is the time in the top/left corner

Thanks for that, im guessing your not using the tv server plugin? As I haven't yet skinned the other as of yet as most people use the tvserver plugin.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
video1.JPG

It'll work if u use something other than shares view. I'll see if I can put some info in shares view as well without making it look a mess when you're not browsing imported movies.

crusoli

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Er, someone deleted my "enhancement" request. Probably not the right place? Should I mention it in the main thread?

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
What MP SVN is recommended for use? At this point in time i seem to have some issues like when scrolling through the Basic Home screen my Weather and Plugins menu titles just disappear... i presume this is unique to me since someone else would have said something! Maybe SVN related.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
What MP SVN is recommended for use? At this point in time i seem to have some issues like when scrolling through the Basic Home screen my Weather and Plugins menu titles just disappear... i presume this is unique to me since someone else would have said something! Maybe SVN related.
Latest SVN is recommended, there are some disappearing menu item issues that have been cropping up and im looking into it. If you can reproduce when it occurs and let me know ill be able to pinpoint the problem faster (hopefully)

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using StreamedMP on my productive HTPC...
    Here are the things I noticed so far:

1. Bugs:

- There is no TV Preview Overlay shown in Basichome Menue while TV running
    - Long Text seems to scroll out of this "preview" Overlay Box
    - Sometimes Fanart in TVSeries is not properly selected and gives a black screen or the "standard" movie background.
    - No Volume OSD during Live TV
    - On The Weather Menu ... the HIGH for the last day on the right side is missing you can see this also on your screenshot here: http://jossan.visse.nu/~spuck/streamedmp/myweather.jpg

2. Usability:

- navigating with a mouse is really hard...

3. Design:

- there are no animations for transitions in the basichome menu
    - A selection to select a little bit lesser Channels for the programm guide would be nice... on a full HD LCD it's hard to read from a 3-4 meters viewing distance.
    - The Episode text in Fanart List Mode is too close on the border line as seen here (look at "THE LEGEND"):
    http://jossan.visse.nu/~spuck/streamedmp/mattsk88/tvseries_episodes_logos.jpg

But it IS really the best looking skin with the best usability (with a remote) I've seen so far.

Regards
    Christian

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Using StreamedMP on my productive HTPC...
    Here are the things I noticed so far:

1. Bugs:

- There is no TV Preview Overlay shown in Basichome Menue while TV running
    - Long Text seems to scroll out of this "preview" Overlay Box
    - Sometimes Fanart in TVSeries is not properly selected and gives a black screen or the "standard" movie background.
    - No Volume OSD during Live TV

2. Usability:

- navigating with a mouse is really hard...

3. Design:

- there are no animations for transitions in the basichome menu
    - A selection to select a little bit lesser Channels for the programm guide would be nice... on a full HD LCD it's hard to read from a 3-4 meters viewing distance.

But it IS really the best looking skin with the best usability (with a remote) I've seen so far.

Regards
    Christian

Thankyou for your feedback, this isn't a mouse friendly skin I know but this is probably the way it will stay, who uses a mouse on their htpc anyway:p. The fanart not showing up is probably due to a bug with tvseries i would imagine. I have had conflicting opinions on what to do with the tvguide as some want as much on a page as possible and some want it bigger and easier to read, ill experiment with it though. As for the other issues mentioned we are aware of them and they will hopefully be fixed soon.

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's what I call fast response :eek:

Found another "Design" thing :

On Basichome the selected Menuitems are not centered, so that this little arrow on the right side is a little bit to low.

With the TV Guide... perhaps it would be a nice option to select 8 OR 12 lines... like in monochrome...
    So everyone is pleased :D

But hey.... :D :D :D :D for all the hard work on this

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom