Reporting a Bug \ Requesting an Enhancement (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Matsk, don't wanna be annoying but did you see my bugreport (prev page)?
I'd really like to have a go with the menu editor!

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Hey Matsk, don't wanna be annoying but did you see my bugreport (prev page)?
I'd really like to have a go with the menu editor!
Yeh im waiting to catch up with ltfearme to run the bug logs past him, there is still a bit of work to do on the menu generator though.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I'm reporting a serious typo on the splashscreen! Who is lFTearme? :p I think it should be lTFearme ;) I for one would rather be feared then teared at least :)

But I have a real one as well, its for spuck.. In TV-series episodeview(text), for long episode titles I see half of a number down in the right corner, I'd say around (1278,600)

fiskerendk

Portal Member
September 25, 2008
Also i have this little weird thing. Layout is LIST in Music.
It shows icons beside the folders, and a Stop image in the middle.

My Videos (and also My Pictures) - http://s4.tinypic.com/15xtrq1.jpg
My Music - http://i36.tinypic.com/2lny174.jpg

And then Radio has same background as settings :)
1. That's not a stop image it's a "no thumb"-image. :p

2. Radio should have the same background as my music, you sure about this?
Anyway if u meant in the menu/plugins menu, the settings background is the default background and will be shown if there is no background image available for that plugin.

1) Anyway it seems a little strange that there should be this no-thumb picture when nothing is selected.

2) Radio dont have same background on the home. When you just hover "My Radio". It does have the rigth background when you are in the Radio.

Radio - http://i33.tinypic.com/34o2g6c.jpg
Settings - http://i34.tinypic.com/1z6e26d.jpg

Kossan

Portal Pro
August 11, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
A quick question,
If i play a video or LiveTV and go back to the Basic-Home screen, can i select the running video/TV and bring it up to fullscreen again?
Most skins i just have to press right and OK.

I dont realy like that right is shutdown menu.

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Tested the skin last and night.. and I must say:
AWESOME WORK!! :)

Love the:
  • ... Setup / installation procedure. This way the skin can be used by people with less experience in MP and skinning.
  • ... Windows Start menu options (Updates, wiki, etc)
  • ... Menu generator
  • ... Look and feel of StreamedMP
  • ... that you guys made a designed/fixed release before showing it to the public (us :D)
  • ... hard work you've put in it.

Some bugs/suggestions after the first test round
(Sorry.. I don't have a google mail address, so I can't add issues to the google code project)

Main screen / Menu generator:
- I would love it if it would be possible to move the menu a bit more to the left (or right). So you'd get less black on the left and more fanArt on the right.
- Would be cool if you could select a color from a color selecter in the menu generator instead off typing the color codes for the selected and non selected items yourself (Default fffff)
- Is it possible the move the possition of the RSS ticker a bit more to the left.. (let it begin 20px from the left).

Overall
- make the color scheme the same as in XMBC (white and blue).
Like with the time 18:00 PM
The RSS Ticker, etc
You see it in the TvSeries and MovingPictures views of Spuck as well (Aired, Rating, Runtime, etc)

Trailers
- In the myTrailers section, when loading, you can see the status bar between the movie list. While in tvseries/moving pictures it is nicely positioned in the Top bar.

Moving pictures
- The movie filter doesn't work. Typing 'Dark' with your remote and you will not get "The Dark Knight" like expected, but some random named movies.

That's all I can remember for now :)

And again..

Great job!! Love this skin even more than Aeon Wide.. :D

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
A quick question,
If i play a video or LiveTV and go back to the Basic-Home screen, can i select the running video/TV and bring it up to fullscreen again?
Most skins i just have to press right and OK.

I dont realy like that right is shutdown menu.

A "work-around" is to click twice on the "LiveTV" button on your remote. First click will take you to MyTV page with your video playing, second takes you to FullScreen. Not sure if you know about this. But I agree, an easy way to enter it from Home menu would be great. After all, the window is right there on the bottom, it seems a little counter-intuitive that there is no possibility to select it.

I like that the shutdown commands is in a seperate menu (not placed in the top of the screen like a lot of skins), but perhaps there should be a menu item for it?

[EDIT]I just posted "Issue 19", but thought I'd share it in here too, since it looks like some people don't really use the Tracker, yet.

SplashScreen "Headline". Change from StreamedMP to MediaPortal
This is just an idea. The Splashscreens of the newer SVN looks good,
because it makes the loading of MP look more like an HTPC than a PC.

The StreamedMP splashscreen looks great, but I would expect the Headline
to say: "MediaPortal" and not "StreamedMP". After all, the program I am
about to use is called MediaPortal.
Right now it is more a SplashScreen of the skin, than of the actual HTPC-
application.

I have no issues with you putting the skin name and your credits on there,
I just think the focus should be on MediaPortal.

I was wondering how other people felt about this?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is the volume OSD broken? I can't see any when I'm watching TV-Series anyway. I really like the OSD for TV-Series though, great work!

Emph

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Radio dont have same background on the home. When you just hover "My Radio". It does have the rigth background when you are in the Radio.

Radio - http://i33.tinypic.com/34o2g6c.jpg
    Settings - http://i34.tinypic.com/1z6e26d.jpg
    Yes, this is expected result since there is no default background for Radio plugin. Inside the plugin I've just set the background to the music background for the time being.

Is the volume OSD broken? I can't see any when I'm watching TV-Series anyway. I really like the OSD for TV-Series though, great work!

Emph
    Well it's not included since we've yet to figure out how to get the volumebar working, all I get is a mess and I wouldn't wanna include that. :)

Overall
    - make the color scheme the same as in XMBC (white and blue).
    Like with the time 18:00 PM
    The RSS Ticker, etc
    You see it in the TvSeries and MovingPictures views of Spuck as well (Aired, Rating, Runtime, etc)
    Yeah, just to bad that's not possible since time and the AM/PM is in the same string. No luck there. :) (same thing with the RSSTicker)

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    In my music I get horrible flashing after one song has finished playing while watching the playlist.. Its something very wrong with the list facade, because its not happening when I change to icons etc, but going back to list the graphics start flashing again. Can anyone confirm before I put it in the tracker?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom