Reporting a Bug \ Requesting an Enhancement (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermy65

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
I dont have a screenshot of it because im at work right now but my basic home stops working at random. Sometimes I will turn my tv on and it will show the fanart, the black bar on the left but no weather, rss, or menu items. If i try to switch to the regular home at that time by pressing the MCE button i get a black screen. So i then have to exit, open up mp configuration, turn off start with basic home then go back into it. If i press the mce button again i get the same result as above. I have uninstalled the skin, reinstalled it, deleted the cache, it still seems to happen. This started a day after release, happened for a day or so then started working normally until today. Any suggestions would be helpful as this skin makes my wife happy which in turn makes me happy. Im using RC3 with the newest svn that came out when the skin was released.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
If i start up StreamedMP without the basic home ticked, i get error 1 (Missing or invalid MyHome.xml) I have tried with Darre's myhome and the default and it makes no difference.

If i start with the basic home ticked i get error 2 (Menu is black with no writing)

Any suggestions? I thought it might be my version, so i did a completely new install of RC4 and installed StreamedMP again and it made no difference.... yesterday it worked and today it doesn't.... weird.

Aeon works perfectly so i dont think its mediaportal?

Attachments

• Error1.jpg
    Error1.jpg
    45 KB
  • Error2.jpg
    Error2.jpg
    136.4 KB

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
With a bit of fiddling it seems like it might have something to do with the RSS ticker? If i create a new basic home screen and untick the RSS ticker option on the homescreen generator, and i disable the RSS ticker in the setup, then Basichome seems to come right. Normal myHome is still screwed but at least i can get into MP now!

Mike1978

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
in the last two days I noticed this: I go to "MyMusic" and when I then enter MovingPictures I have a line in the screen saying "x objects" (in this pic it is "5 objects". When I go straight to MovingPictures the screen is normal without the line.

Unbenannt.JPG

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
in the last two days I noticed this: I go to "MyMusic" and when I then enter MovingPictures I have a line in the screen saying "x objects" (in this pic it is "5 objects". When I go straight to MovingPictures the screen is normal without the line.

Unbenannt.JPG
This has also been fixed :). Going to have another release very soon, the release will be a bug fix release, with a couple of new things added. There will also be a new SVN of TV Series which will support fanart in the series page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom