[REQUEST] Support for tv card with realtek chip and DAB radio (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got your PM ;)
    Thanks for the offer - I'll probably take you up on that because I'll need plenty of testers. At the moment I'm still waiting for my Dabby to arrive and I've got other hardware that I'm working with so code is not even started yet...

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as i know DAB+ will not implemented in Germany soon because the private sector isn't willing to move that fast.(Most user are still using VHF instead of DAB)

bebetaz

June 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi mm1352000,

I have a Dabby, and I'm happy to be a Guinea pig if you want. Admittedly, I am not really interested in the MediaPortal as such, but I was wondering if maybe we could share info once you are done with your project as I actually want to get a plugin developed for RideRunner (CarPC front-end) to add the Dabby to add the Dabby to the list of supported hardware.

Digital Now Dabby USB FM/DAB+/TV tuner integration RideRunner

I'm in sydney and I believe we get DAB+ here, so I'm happy to do some testing for you if need be.

In regards, to the SDK, do you have any agreement with Realtek that stops you from sharing or are you able to maybe send it to me so I can pass it on to a couple of devellopers on MP3Car.com so they can start working on it as well?

Cheers,
    bebetaz

bebetaz

June 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi mm1352000,

I was wondering if you would be able to share the SDK, I am trying to get a plugin made for RideRunner (CarPC front end) one of the user on mp3car.com has somd info on the realtek and is happy to share as well, he told me he has some documentation from Realtek, but also has some sample programs and also a Visual Studio project with all source code.

Cheers,
    bebetaz

uanmi

July 28, 2011
    Hi everyone

I apologise for the lack of response. I've had a look at the logs provided by Vispen74. It looks like it should be possible to add support, although I'm not yet clear on how the filter graph will need to be connected. For pure DAB it *could* be something like other DVB tuners with network provider->tuner->capture->tee->TS writer. Hybrid FM/DAB could be a completely different "kettle of fish", possibly with some kind of crossbar. I think the next step is really for one of the TV Server developers like myself to get access to some hardware. Can any of you recommend a relatively cheap but reliable DAB+ tuner available to buy from New Zealand and I'll start saving my money...

- Buying from EBay would be fine, but shipping could be expensive for me unless it is EBay Australia.
    - How is the DigitalNow Dabby, and is anything cheaper available?

the MyGica T1800B is about AUD$53 - is that a coupla thousand NZ dollars?

just bought this card and love the dab+ - but the totalmedia 3.5 really sucks
    regards, Mark

voltagex

Portal Member
    May 3, 2006
    If anyone here has the Realtek SDK I am willing to send them a card to work with.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi everyone

A bit of a progress update: things are going quite slow at the moment as I'm just far too busy. I've been working on adding FM support first as I don't have access to DAB/DAB+, and theoretically getting FM working should speed up the DAB support work :). Hopefully I'll have FM working in the next month. Again, apologies for the speed, but as I say, I'm too busy with RL, 1.2.0rc issues, general support and other projects...

uanmi
    the MyGica T1800B is about AUD$53 - is that a coupla thousand NZ dollars?
    I hope that's a joke - I have a morgage so I have to be careful with my money, even such "little" amounts. ;)

voltagex
    If anyone here has the Realtek SDK I am willing to send them a card to work with.
    I have the DigitalNow Dabby now, and that should be perfectly adequate for me. Thank you for the offer though. Regarding the Realtek SDK: it is confidential, so you need to contact Realtek directly to get access to it. They will probably ask you some questions about what you intend to use it for etc., so be prepared for that.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom