[REQUEST] Support for tv card with realtek chip and DAB radio (1 Viewer)

djLyli

Portal Pro
June 3, 2010
Opole Lub.
Home Country
Poland Poland
I Hi guys I join only to requests to implement the FM radio to have the same card MediaPortal "not only television," it has the usb dvb-t, FM radio, DAB. I wanted to at least the FM radio worked. I'll wait for the development of the subject.

hfcrussell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2007
    Perth
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Subscribing to this thread, as I have just purchased a Mygica T188 card for DAB+ radio more than TV.

Russell.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Russell (and everyone else)

Just to give you a bit of a status update: we've hit a bit of a roadblock with support for Realtek-based DAB/DAB+/FM. The issue seems to be something specific about our TV Server project or compile settings. It's extremely tricky to figure out. I have code that works in a "clean" project, but no matter what I do it just won't work in the TV Server context. I'm in contact with Realtek about the problem and I'm hoping we can work together to solve it over the coming week or so.

Best regards to all of you, and sorry for the delay - these unexpected setbacks sometimes happen...
    mm

sspagnol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Was Realtek ever able to help in getting RTL2832U based DAB/DAB+/FM support working in MediaPortal?

Given the age of this thread I think I know what the answer to the question is, but just thought I'd asked just in case.

Thanks,
    Simon.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Simon

I did eventually find the problem. After hours of trial and error, research, asking questions, and bashing my head against a wall Realtek finally let me look at their code and I was able to spot the problem immediately.
    It confirmed that their driver has a fundamental incompatibility with MP.
    Working around that incompatibility is possible, but non-trivial.
    So the answer is yes Realtek were able to help. Yes I'd still like to add support for their chipset. It is a matter of time before it happens... but it is not going to happen even nearly as quickly as I thought it would. I can't put a timeframe on it at this time.

I'm sorry the news is not good, but you deserve to get a truthful answer.

mm

uanmi

July 28, 2011
    Hi,

I have the MyGica T1800B and to get DAB+ I use D.Radio I use Microsoft Media Server rather than TotalMedia 3.5

I have to be careful to not let Microsoft update overwrite the dll for the card as the newer dlls appear to stop the DAB+

regards,
    mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there any DAB+ card that will work with Mediaportal?

Russell.
    Sorry Russell - not that I'm aware of.
    Microsoft does not support DAB or DAB+ via the BDA framework. In practical terms this leads to a bit of a standoff over DAB support in "generic" applications like MP because there is no standard way to support DAB. In other words, if we (or any other HTPC application) want to support DAB, we have to support the custom interfaces created by each hardware vendor. Realtek is the only hardware vendor which I'm aware of that has DAB PC hardware. Their API/interface is okay, but the driver implementation is not so great - it is a problem for us to support as previously mentioned.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom