Return WEATHER OUTLOOK back to MediaPortal as default (1 Viewer)

Do you need weather information as standard

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Maybe it should be not plugin but kind of interface for community plugins. So weather plugin could present by default but in case of api changes devs could react faster.

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think weather is an essential part of any HTPC software. A basic version of WorldWeather would be good for new users.

Even better, would be to make WorldWeather the default plugin, but just have most of the complicated stuff "optional" with the complexities hidden underneath an "Advanced" button in the config.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well - having a basic weather in my worl is a must have - if you want more - use a additinal plugin (like powersheduler does it). But A HTPC without that is only half the fun.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I wouldn't mind an "original" weather plugin, but if there was one it would either have to be able to pull data from different sources since some sources are simply terrible for some places, and other sources are terrible for other places.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Given that there are web sites that provide this, maybe a simple pre-installed web browser plugin (and I know there is one, but I've never bothered to install it) would do.

Why reinvent the wheel, especially if it can change/disappear at any time - you don't have control over external companies?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    PD did you think of posting a similar poll on FB? I think you may reach some more users that way (and keep our FB & web presence up ;))
    Ofc I suspect the results would be similar.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I also voted yes. Weatherforecast was the first thing I missed after installing 1.3Beta with Titan. Do not need Infoservcie at all. But Weather instead would be nice. ;)

Flip

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom