Return WEATHER OUTLOOK back to MediaPortal as default (1 Viewer)

Do you need weather information as standard

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Voting seems pretty clear. Is there any specific ending date? :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi ,
    i say ... " Go , Go , Go ... for inbuld simple weather plugin ... for sure .. :eek: ..."
    why do you think i keepet yrWeather plugin alive all this time ...;)
    for me weather was all time part of MP , and for sure we need to bring it back ...
    Micropolis worldweather is briliant plugin ,but little to high tec even for me :oops: , something more simple and fast will be perfect for MP ...:)
    (some users say the weather links all time brack-down ... but we can do something like my video imdb scraper that we can update the weather xml from mp in case out of date ..)

little busy with real life ... :( ... this days ..

Wish you all Marry Xmas and happy new year ... (y)

_ysMP.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi ysMP

Have a good Xmas and New Year from me too :D

Letting the poll run through too Xmas, pretty clear were we are heading, lets see if anything changes over the next week.

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Due to the fact that I'm a windows 8 user and the fact that there are some cool weather apps available for me it is not that important.
    I think that some weather plugin with some main menu integration should be enough. Especially when it can be found in the repository.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My opinion.

1 - there should be a standard available for MP, through plugin or embeded. But standardized.
    2 - the skinner has a choice to incorporate it into his disign idea or not. His/her vision of how the skin needs to look. Skinners could make it optional if they want.
    3 - If a skinner wants to incorporate it, the plugin could be offerd in the mpe1

Last edited:

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    World Weather plugin always one of the first third party programmes installed. Yes bring a default weather outlook to MePo!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    WorldWeatherLite is coming along very nicely thanks to Micropolis, ip detection seems to work and picks up the main local City (the way ip lookup works, you would be very lucky to get exact match), plus integrated Town search from gui, must say it really is looking pretty cool, but he is not finished yet.

Will announce when we get an Area51 version for you all to test, really looking forward to getting this back into MP, upgrading to the fullblown WorldWeather version should not be a hassle for those people who enjoy all the bells and whistles :D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You should consider closing this topic and editing first post as we no longer need community feedback as it's going ahead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom