Ripping HD/BlueRay DVDs (1 Viewer)

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    ok guys/girls.... i'm ready for HD content media.. i've got everything else taken care of...

i would like your opinions...

1: rip to ISO or file (currently i'm ripping to file with my SD movies with DVDfab Platinum)
    2: Should i rip to mkv or H.264
    3: what program are you using to rip? automkv; megui; DVDfab HD Decrypter;

i would like to find a nice one step program instead of ripping video and audio separately..

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    anyone got an answer to this, id like to know too. i take it that bluray discs can be ripped to HDD and viewed through my videos/MyFilms/Moving Pictures in the same way that SD files can?

crazyfool

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    u need to use either anydvdhd or dvdfab hd to rip the entire blu ray and remove the copy protection... then u need a program like tsmuxer to extract the streams you want ie the video and the 5.1 audio and the mux them into a ts or m2ts or theres another tool to mux them into mkv, think its called mkvnix or summin
    hope that helps a lil...

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    i tried the DVDfad HD (beta) but i keeps crashing...

and why would i need another program after DVDfab HD? it dosent work like the regular version? rip and go?

crazyfool

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    mediaportal cant play ripped blue rays like it can dvds, nether can most other software, even powerdvd i think has disabled this now... so if you want to play it in mp u need to get the video and audio streams and then put them in a container... therefore you only have the video and not the entire blu ray disc with menus etc...

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    yeah i'm wanting to just rip the movie files....

so i guess if i get the bug out of DVDfab HD i'll be fine?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mediaportal cant play ripped blue rays like it can dvds, nether can most other software, even powerdvd i think has disabled this now... so if you want to play it in mp u need to get the video and audio streams and then put them in a container... therefore you only have the video and not the entire blu ray disc with menus etc...

But you are still going to struggle with HD Audio. The latest version of FFDShow will now decode TrueHD but things like Haali splitter don't recognise the streams yet.

The easiest solution currently is probably to rip them as iso files and launch them in an external player like TMT or PowerDVD

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I believe Arcsoft Total Media Theatre can play riped BluRay or HD-DVD. There is a plugin for launching a rip from MP with TMT too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom