RSS Ticker (2 Viewers)

Kian

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi guys,
i recently updated to RC2 and somehow the rss feed INCLUDING the wheather plugin does not work anymore (it did before flawlessly with my RC1 version). Only the RSS feed is working properly but the wheather plugin is not displayed in the upper left corner of in my home screen.

any advice?
i attached my basichome file just in case.

greetz,

kian

Attachments

• Basichome.xml
    30.6 KB

Felias

Portal Pro
August 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm using RC2 as well, and i can't get the weather information to show on the top left as well -(

I used the basichome.xml from the starpage...

Felias

Portal Pro
August 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks, will do that tonight. I'm though using the latest release (just 1 day old), would be the latest version :)

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Sambal,

I am impressed with your plugin, thankyou...

I am using it in an unusual way.. I have a few batch files that build/extend an rss.xml file that I keep in my Web Server directory whenever I record or torrent download a show. The idea is a constant 'blog' of new entries to watch.

I have it working ok and am now just working on the formatting.... this is where I need your help! I am using a textboxscrollup on my homepage to display the #rssfeed contents.. my problem is that I need a few "\n" or newlines as separators between items.. I can't seem to have a newline as a separator in your configuration dialog (or in mediaportal.xml) and adding newlines to the rss.xml file just sees them stripped out..

Can you help!? - I'm happy to publish my results.. but first need to get it working.. again I think it's a cool plugin!

Thank you

erosco

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
      screenshot.JPG
      60.9 KB

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    One small request though - would it be possible to remove the final separator character from the end of the ticker?

Yes that is possible, will fix it with a next release.

I am using it in an unusual way..

my problem is that I need a few "\n" or newlines as separators between items..

Nice to see it is used in other ways as well. I'll have to look into it. Only just returned from my holiday and checking messages. I'll get back to you on this.

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Akay, couldn't help it ;) fixed both issues.

Turns out the textboxscrollup renders the text "\n" literally. Fixed this to insert a newline when you enter "\n" (without the quotes) as separator.

Supplied the modified plugin.dll in the attached archive.

Please let me know if this works alright for you.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    Keeps crashing

Hey, I wanted to test out the titanium skin, so I installed your plugin to get RSS feeds.
    I used this feed: Le Monde.fr : à la Une
    nothing for image, 10 items, auto refresh enabled checked, weather enabled checked, auto refresh for weather checked also.

the feed shows up after a while, I don't see anything related to the weather though, and after say 1 or 2 minutes, I get a crash in the plugin:
    Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: mediaportal.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 0.9.2.20456
    Problem Signature 03: 48c10841
    Problem Signature 04: MP-RSSTicker
    Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 48a57d5a
    Problem Signature 07: 24
    Problem Signature 08: a1
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1036

MP is like yesterday's build. Can you test this feed and see if it's something in it or if it's something on my OS? it must be the feed, as it crashes on my dev computer but also on my HTPC.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    EDIT:
    Fixed, but I have no idea how.

It started crashing for me to today!

I have no weather showing either, and it was working yesterday.

- Redownloaded plugin
    - Tested in different skins
    - Changed feed, 3 different
    - Ive upgraded to latest svn

Code:
    2008-09-06 19:13:43.062500 [ERROR][23]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2008-09-06 19:13:43.078125 [ERROR][23]: Exception   :System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MP_RSSTicker.RSSTickerPlugin.RSSTickerTimerCallback(Object stateInfo)
       at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)
    2008-09-06 19:13:43.078125 [ERROR][23]: Exception   :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2008-09-06 19:13:43.093750 [ERROR][23]:   site      :Void RSSTickerTimerCallback(System.Object)
    2008-09-06 19:13:43.093750 [ERROR][23]:   source    :MP-RSSTicker
    2008-09-06 19:13:43.093750 [ERROR][23]:   stacktrace:   at MP_RSSTicker.RSSTickerPlugin.RSSTickerTimerCallback(Object stateInfo)
       at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

Going to try and disable weather, might be weather.com's changed something?

WORKING?

Just got my weather back.. I have no idea what fixed it, restarted MP for the 30th time, I didn't even change anything the last time I restarted it :-/

yapp works now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom