SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Small tip:

If you are not satisfied with Cyderlink MPEG2 decoder - like me, (deinterlacing doesn't work on ATI 8.6+ catalyst in DXVA mode), you can try ELECARD MPEG2 decoder (21 days trial, but maybe working without restriction - same way as Cyberling MPEG2 decoder). It is "em2vd.ax" file.

I tryed it yesterday in i am very hapy with it. It is not very good for DVD (i got broken picture in DVD navigation), but live MPEG2 TV is very good. DXVA working for me on ATI 4550 + 9.2 catalyst, and deiterlacing is perfect.

There is possibility do change brightnes in DXVA mode to! (not possible with Cyberlink MPEG2).

I tested it on Intel HD4550, but here didn't work at all, i got just black screen...
deint_cyb.jpgdeint_elec.jpg

EDIT:
Just finished testing, and filter setting working:
VIDEO MPEG2 decoder - elecard
DVD MPEG2 decoder - cyberling
LiveTV MPEG2 decoder - elecard

Working! :)

NOTE: Both cyberling and elecard can hadle DXVA

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You could try the DScaler MPEG filters too - download 'DScaler5008.exe' from SourceForge.net: DScaler Deinterlacer/Scaler: Files - just make sure that 'NV12' is selected for the output colorspace (ATi won't do hardware de-interlacing with any other colorspace).

Note - the MP configuration tool doesn't support selecting NV12 - you have to do this with the DScaler config tool.

The Elecard decoder puts a scrolling 'nag' banner across the screen when the trial expires, so you have to buy it eventually....

Tony

robhawk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2008
    Thuringia
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Small tip:

If you are not satisfied with Cyderlink MPEG2 decoder - like me, (deinterlacing doesn't work on ATI 8.6+ catalyst in DXVA mode), you can try ELECARD MPEG2 decoder (21 days trial, but maybe working without restriction - same way as Cyberling MPEG2 decoder). It is "em2vd.ax" file.

I tryed it yesterday in i am very hapy with it. It is not very good for DVD (i got broken picture in DVD navigation), but live MPEG2 TV is very good. DXVA working for me on ATI 4550 + 9.2 catalyst, and deiterlacing is perfect.

There is possibility do change brightnes in DXVA mode to! (not possible with Cyberlink MPEG2).

I tested it on Intel HD4500, but here didn't work at all, i got just black screen...
    View attachment 35960View attachment 35961

EDIT:

Hey hoborg, m8!:D

I just downloaded the elecard stuff and give it a try in the afternoon! I installed the codec on my computer @work and copied the em2vd.ax.
    On my htpc at home i can register it manually by "regsvr32 path\em2vd.ax", can i ?

... and again, you do a great job!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good news Hoborg!

So I presume there is no logo in a corner of the screen (anymore?). This was the case with the HD decoder.
    Im gonna try tonight as well. :)

@ Robhawk.
    What you state is correct to register it (in RUN)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    You could try the DScaler MPEG filters too - download 'DScaler5008.exe' from SourceForge.net: DScaler Deinterlacer/Scaler: Files - just make sure that 'NV12' is selected for the output colorspace (ATi won't do hardware de-interlacing with any other colorspace).

Note - the MP configuration tool doesn't support selecting NV12 - you have to do this with the DScaler config tool.

The Elecard decoder puts a scrolling 'nag' banner across the screen when the trial expires, so you have to buy it eventually....

Tony

Is not DScaler litle too outdated?...

Small tip:

I tested it on Intel HD4500, but here didn't work at all, i got just black screen...
    View attachment 35960View attachment 35961

EDIT:

Hey hoborg, m8!:D

I just downloaded the elecard stuff and give it a try in the afternoon! I installed the codec on my computer @work and copied the em2vd.ax.
    On my htpc at home i can register it manually by "regsvr32 path\em2vd.ax", can i ?

... and again, you do a great job!

Exactly, register it manualy.

I am not sure if standalone filter can block itself after expiration...

Good news Hoborg!

So I presume there is no logo in a corner of the screen (anymore?). This was the case with the HD decoder.
    Im gonna try tonight as well. :)

Nope, no logo at all.
    I have some MPEG2 HD ts file, and it is working just fine.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

U cant use the filter without registration,or it's better saying that u can use it but u will have a large watermark on the right upper corner:D
    For me Cyberlink is still the best mpeg 2 filter:p

Edit: Did u ever used this to tweak catalyst registry settings? ATI HD Registry Tweaks

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

U cant use the filter without registration,or it's better saying that u can use it but u will have a large watermark on the right upper corner:D
    For me Cyberlink is still the best mpeg 2 filter:p

Yes, i know.
    But question is what hapend after 21days :)
    Cyberling software is 30days, but stadalone MPEG2 decoder working normaly after that time period.

What about elecard standalone filter instalation... Lets wait and see! :)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Cyberling software is 30days, but stadalone MPEG2 decoder working normaly after that time period.

Yes,but Cyberlink filters are working even if u dont install the trial version.And i'm almost sure that i've used Elecard time ago and after the trial expires tha watermark start showing...but i don't like elecard anyway :D

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I can confirm this :)
    I used Elecard to be able to watch UDP streams. After a while I got a dreaded text scrolling.... (IIRC - something annoying, anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom