SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Let me ask this, the main reason that pdvd is blacklisted and causes problems is the divx codec right? So can we just remove the divx codec from pdvd and then we should be ok, right. If so what is the name of that divx codec?

Not true. It is/was blacklisted, becouse it can mess whole system a lot. Like many other software with lot of filters (like Nero).

steve760

Portal Pro
March 10, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So can we remove those filters from PDVD so we do not have issues with it? Reason I ask is it is easier to setup PDVD if we were to mess it up than MP, so if we just remove the filters that we will not use from pdvd and only leave the ones needed to play BR discs, we should be able to leave it, yes or no.

Reason I am wanting to leave pdvd9 is that it has the new cinema mode that works great with the monochrome skin in MP, looks the same runs full screen and fels as if part of MP, works great with media player remote, works very nice on the BR discs. Blu-Ray is all we use it for so we could care less if it has the rest of the filters.

I figure that pdvd is pretty modular on the codecs, simlar to nero, I know they sell add on codecs and such, so you should be able to just remove them and then clean up the registry afterwords.

Would this be an acceptable solution?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
So can we remove those filters from PDVD so we do not have issues with it? Reason I ask is it is easier to setup PDVD if we were to mess it up than MP, so if we just remove the filters that we will not use from pdvd and only leave the ones needed to play BR discs, we should be able to leave it, yes or no.

Reason I am wanting to leave pdvd9 is that it has the new cinema mode that works great with the monochrome skin in MP, looks the same runs full screen and fels as if part of MP, works great with media player remote, works very nice on the BR discs. Blu-Ray is all we use it for so we could care less if it has the rest of the filters.

I figure that pdvd is pretty modular on the codecs, simlar to nero, I know they sell add on codecs and such, so you should be able to just remove them and then clean up the registry afterwords.

Would this be an acceptable solution?

Again, again, again - i have no Bluray drive, i am not use PDVD....

Try it and see - experience yourself :)

steve760

Portal Pro
March 10, 2009
Home Country
Newest version detected it, I had tried originaly to have it detected from just about every place on windows (C:, C:\windows, C:\program files\teammediaportal" and others, the install would not find it, though 3.55 did find it, so all better now.

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey, I'm using catalyst 8.12 (ati hd 48series) and would like to use MPC with DXVA(h264). When I right click on DirectVobSub (-> MPC Video decoder) it says "Not using DXVA" (see screenshot).

unbenanntozr.jpg

WinXP + VMR9

btw: I also tried yours Enable_DXVA_(h.264,VC1).reg
    any suggestions?

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello, Hoborg (and all). I used to have some problems related to subtitles before, but now I'm using disaster123's Mediaportal with SAF and almost all works perfectly (even Dxva working with subtitles). But I tried today to play with MediaPortal a 1080i .ts file ... and no luck, it didn't even open it. As I read in the first post, there's a problem with .ts splitter so I tried renaming to .mkv... just to find really choppy playback. I thought it could be because of only renaming the file so I tried to remux the .ts file into a .mkv, just to find again same problem. The choppy playback seemed to me as de-interlace related (I've seen similar issues before) so I tried to see MPC decoder options to check if any tweaking was needed. I'm quite sure I used to have those options under Direct Show control tab in MediaPortal config, but now I haven't : just MPC-MPA audio settings and VRM/EVR settings, but MPC-MPV options are gone and I don't know if it's normal. I even tried reinstalling SAF but no luck.

So I ran MediaPortal in windowed mode to check graph with GraphStudio... and to my surprise it played the file perfectly at windowed MP mode. Choppy at fullscreen, crystal clear windowed. Graph seemed also normal, by the way, so I think it must be related to color space options. I tried unsetting MP's option to force not to use exclusive mode and now the file plays fine, but with TERRIBLE tearing.

Any ideas? BTW, I own an ATI 3450 graphics card and I don't remember now which Catalyst version is installed but I'm sure it's not one of the blacklisted ones as I followed obediently all instructions. And yes, Dxva is working always, even when playback is "choppy".

This is the graph without exclusive mode :

This is Mediainfo from the .mkv file :

Format : Matroska
    File size : 25.6 GiB
    Duration : 1h 56mn
    Overall bit rate : 31.5 Mbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2009-03-14 12:53:23
    Writing application : gdsmux
    Writing library : Haali DirectShow Matroska Muxer 1.9.42.1

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.1
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 1h 55mn
    Bit rate : 28.7 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.462
    Title : PID 4129

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Duration : 1h 56mn
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 5 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Title : PID 4132
    Language : English

cecolon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    1) Do i need to keep the Cyberlink filter in c:\ after installing?

2) In the documentation, a lot of filters is shown under DirectShow Filter Control. It seems like you can adjust settings for each one. Why do I only have MPA + Video renderer?

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    1) Do i need to keep the Cyberlink filter in c:\ after installing?

2) In the documentation, a lot of filters is shown under DirectShow Filter Control. It seems like you can adjust settings for each one. Why do I only have MPA + Video renderer?

1) you can remove it from c:\ when done installing

2) you don't want all those codecs installed anyways. MPC and MPA is all you need. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom