SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

bilis4

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
Newer put anything in to postprocessing!
Your graph are not from MP, you cannot have video renderer, you will have Video renderer 9 or EVR.

DirectVobSub is part of saf and is configured to work fully automaticky, no need to configue anything.
DirectVobSub is used only when subtitles are present.

Hello, Hoborg (and all). I used to have some problems related to subtitles before, but now I'm using disaster123's Mediaportal with SAF and almost all works perfectly (even Dxva working with subtitles). But I tried today to play with MediaPortal a 1080i .ts file ... and no luck, it didn't even open it. As I read in the first post, there's a problem with .ts splitter so I tried renaming to .mkv... just to find really choppy playback. I thought it could be because of only renaming the file so I tried to remux the .ts file into a .mkv, just to find again same problem. The choppy playback seemed to me as de-interlace related (I've seen similar issues before) so I tried to see MPC decoder options to check if any tweaking was needed. I'm quite sure I used to have those options under Direct Show control tab in MediaPortal config, but now I haven't : just MPC-MPA audio settings and VRM/EVR settings, but MPC-MPV options are gone and I don't know if it's normal. I even tried reinstalling SAF but no luck.

So I ran MediaPortal in windowed mode to check graph with GraphStudio... and to my surprise it played the file perfectly at windowed MP mode. Choppy at fullscreen, crystal clear windowed. Graph seemed also normal, by the way, so I think it must be related to color space options. I tried unsetting MP's option to force not to use exclusive mode and now the file plays fine, but with TERRIBLE tearing.

Any ideas? BTW, I own an ATI 3450 graphics card and I don't remember now which Catalyst version is installed but I'm sure it's not one of the blacklisted ones as I followed obediently all instructions. And yes, Dxva is working always, even when playback is "choppy".

This is the graph without exclusive mode :

This is Mediainfo from the .mkv file :

Format : Matroska
File size : 25.6 GiB
Duration : 1h 56mn
Overall bit rate : 31.5 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2009-03-14 12:53:23
Writing application : gdsmux
Writing library : Haali DirectShow Matroska Muxer 1.9.42.1

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.1
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 55mn
Bit rate : 28.7 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : NTSC
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.462
Title : PID 4129

Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 56mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s) : 5 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 24 bits
Title : PID 4132
Language : English

To make TS files working correctly, rename them to MKV. It is writen on first page...

Hello Hoborg
I also have inserted directVobSub in postproccesing, otherwise only half of my movies work with subtitles. Am i doing smt wrong? I started to use only saf and haali but i faced problem with some movies with subtitles so i put vobsub in postprossecing and now all works fine.

Regards

bilis4

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece
Thanks for the quick reply but how can i make all subtitles to work ? With saf installed there are 4 movies that dont work with subs.

Thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Thanks for the quick reply but how can i make all subtitles to work ? With saf installed there are 4 movies that dont work with subs.

Thanks

Can you post more info? What is container avi/mkv? Is subtitles inside MKV or in external SRT file?

bilis4

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece

Thanks

Can you post more info? What is container avi/mkv? Is subtitles inside MKV or in external SRT file?

Hi

Container is mkv, subtitles are external srt. Those 4 movies that cannot work in MP with subs they are fine with Windows media player.As soon i place directvobsub in postprossecing everything is fine

Ps all my other movies work with subtitles only with saf.But those 4 work not

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Thanks

Hi

Container is mkv, subtitles are external srt. Those 4 movies that cannot work in MP with subs they are fine with Windows media player.As soon i place directvobsub in postprossecing everything is fine

...it is writen on first page, you need to put subtitles inside MKV to make them working corectly.

bilis4

Portal Pro
February 14, 2007
Athens
Home Country
Greece Greece

Hi

...it is writen on first page, you need to put subtitles inside MKV to make them working corectly.

thank you very much

Yabba

Portal Pro
July 13, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
To make TS files working correctly, rename them to MKV. It is writen on first page...

I know it is, I also wrote it in my message...

As I read in the first post, there's a problem with .ts splitter so I tried renaming to .mkv... just to find really choppy playback

'The problem is that even applying the solution given in first page I still have issues. It only happens with VC-1 (h.264) NTSC interlaced .ts files. With a few MPEG-2 NTSC interlaced .ts files I also have there are no problems, I even don't need to rename to .mkv ... just VC-1 NTSC interlaced show that problem. As all of them happen to be .ts files and ONLY those that use the MPC-MPV codec show issues (the MPEG-2 ones use Cyberlink codec) I understand there must be any problem with MPC-MPV configuration. My question still is : I used to have a MPC-MPV config tab under Direct Show Filter Control in previous versions, now it's gone. Is it on purpose? Are there any plans to bring it back in next releases, so maybe I could tweak the config to play those files properly (I'm thinking about de-interlace options, as the problem seems related to deinterlace on VC-1 streams)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

I know it is, I also wrote it in my message...

As I read in the first post, there's a problem with .ts splitter so I tried renaming to .mkv... just to find really choppy playback

'The problem is that even applying the solution given in first page I still have issues. It only happens with VC-1 (h.264) NTSC interlaced .ts files. With a few MPEG-2 NTSC interlaced .ts files I also have there are no problems, I even don't need to rename to .mkv ... just VC-1 NTSC interlaced show that problem. As all of them happen to be .ts files and ONLY those that use the MPC-MPV codec show issues (the MPEG-2 ones use Cyberlink codec) I understand there must be any problem with MPC-MPV configuration. My question still is : I used to have a MPC-MPV config tab under Direct Show Filter Control in previous versions, now it's gone. Is it on purpose? Are there any plans to bring it back in next releases, so maybe I could tweak the config to play those files properly (I'm thinking about de-interlace options, as the problem seems related to deinterlace on VC-1 streams)

Hm, then post small video example.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This xvid filters in SAF don't seem to play some of my material properly. I renamed xvid.ax and xvidcore.ax on Windows\System32 and installed Xvid 1.2.1 from here: Koepi's Media Development Homepage - Xvid and the files will now play in Windows Media Player 11 whereas before it wouldn't. But they still won't play in MP. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom