SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Kris404

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can anybody tell me if SAF works fine on Win7? Or do i neeed any tweaking - regarding directshow filters. Read something about Win7DSFilterTweaker.

MP 1.1.0 ALPHA on Windows 7 x86 build 7600 (16385) with SAF runs just fine.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've just installed Saf 3.47 (and removed last beta) and now all works good! Finaly I can test the really good quality of this codecs pack!
    Even Online Videos works pretty well except 4 Apple trailer... I got always the same error: "can' play..." "audio codec:"
    Plz help me to resolve the last problem...

First time I saf'd i had apple trailers working fine, no "audio codec:" error
    The first saf page tells you to install medialooks quicktime filter, if you havn't done so you should do that
    Second time I was using saf i had same problem as you.
    This worked for me "quicktime alternative 290" , google it.

felldin

Portal Member
    August 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    Since I'm running a light system with a Intel Atom 330 processor I need the DXVA to get working on my machine. Do make this happend I've installed SAF according to the first post. I then try to play a file and connect to that stream with graphstudio. Graphstudio shows me nothing, does this means no DXVA is running?
    If that is the case how to proceed to get SAF working for me? Shall I post any logs or do you need something else to help me out?

Thanks in advance!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    Since I'm running a light system with a Intel Atom 330 processor I need the DXVA to get working on my machine. Do make this happend I've installed SAF according to the first post. I then try to play a file and connect to that stream with graphstudio. Graphstudio shows me nothing, does this means no DXVA is running?
    If that is the case how to proceed to get SAF working for me? Shall I post any logs or do you need something else to help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, logs please.
    I bet you are on Vista, right?
    Remember to *unlock* SAF too (check PM)

felldin

Portal Member
    August 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, logs please.

Nope, I'm running Windows XP SP3. I've attached logs and some screenshots of my configuration. Hope you can help me.:D

Edit: I now saw that the SAF in the first post was old. I will try with the SAF 3.49 beta 23. I get back if any problems shall occur.

Attachments

• Video Player.PNG
      Video Player.PNG
      36.5 KB
    • Television.PNG
      Television.PNG
      38.8 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Yes, logs please.

Nope, I'm running Windows XP SP3. I've attached logs and some screenshots of my configuration. Hope you can help me.:D

Edit: I now saw that the SAF in the first post was old. I will try with the SAF 3.49 beta 23. I get back if any problems shall occur.

All seems to be OK.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hoborg
    didn't know that one whith postprocessing and FFDshow - so perhaps you can add another example on the first page how to make the picture better with FFDShow?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    @hoborg
    didn't know that one whith postprocessing and FFDshow - so perhaps you can add another example on the first page how to make the picture better with FFDShow?

Too bad i am not FFDShow expert. I believe there are already some FFDShow treads or web pages on internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom