SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I'm trying to install a clean system and have installed MP 1.1.0Beta. I've downloaded SAF4.0Beta because the 1st post in this thread says

"It is ''all in one'' solution, so no need to install PowerDVD or any other kind of codecspacks (like CCCP), ffdshow, AC3 filter, Nero, etc...
Main purpose of SAF is to create easist way how to make as much as possible multimeda to work with MediaPortal.
"

But I think I must be even stupider than most people.

The first problem is that the SAF installation tells me I have to install Haali splitter first. Ok, I aborted the installation and installed Haali splitter. I then re-ran the SAF installation.

Then it shows a status window telling me I don't have Adobe Flash Player installed and that "you need to install" it, and shows links to the forum where it's dscussed.

So does this mean I must install it, or is it going to install it if I press "Next"? What if I don't install it - will the installation fail?

So I went back to this thread and read it from the start, and there I discover that it tells me that I have to configure the Haali splitter to include AVI support.

So I then de-installed the Haali splitter and re-installed it.

I just thought it might be useful to show that installing SAF4.0 isn't straight-forward - it's actually very convoluted. It would be easier if the installation automatically installed Haali (since it's required), and also installed the Adobe Flash player and anything else that's required.

Or perhaps the very first screen should explain that all these must be installed and configured correctly before installing SAF.

It just seems that the idea of SAF being a "all in one'' solution isn't really true, since in fact you're instructed to do all these external things first/during/after.

Maybe I will intergrate haali in some feature SAF release, but not now for sure. (it is writen everywhere you need it).

Flash is not necesarry and SAF tells you "You need to install Adobe Flash Player if you want to play some online videos like YahooMusicVideos using OnlineVideos Media Portal plugin."

BTW - if you have SB Audigy sound card - do net even bother to install Win7, you will olny hear silent (no driver available). The drivers on SB website doesnot work at all. I got some "Audigy_SupportPack_3_1.exe" wich works, but sound is ... ehm, horrible :(

feuerbringer

Portal Pro
January 27, 2008
hi there,

i installed the software as in Post Number 1,
mediaportal
haali Splitter
the CLVsd.ax and the
SAF.
Ich check the saf.log, everything looks ok, but when i try to playback a HD TV testfile.ts, i get a blank screen and nothing happens....what am i doing wrong?

PLZ HELP

Strange behavior:

i renamed the testfile.ts to testfile.mpg and i can watch them in the Mediaportal.

All files are playable in Windows. Im using Vista SP2

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    140.9 KB
  • M.jpg
    M.jpg
    73.6 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
hi there,

i installed the software as in Post Number 1,
mediaportal
haali Splitter
the CLVsd.ax and the
SAF.
Ich check the saf.log, everything looks ok, but when i try to playback a HD TV testfile.ts, i get a blank screen and nothing happens....what am i doing wrong?

PLZ HELP

Strange behavior:

i renamed the testfile.ts to testfile.mpg and i can watch them in the Mediaportal.

All files are playable in Windows. Im using Vista SP2

That is not strange. If you check graph now, you will see haali is in use instead of MP ts reader.
MP ts reader + mpc-hc decoder didnt work.

feuerbringer

Portal Pro
January 27, 2008
hi there,

i installed the lastet version 1.1.0_BETA-1_rev23491, and i got a port of hdtv working...

I see only one picture, it freeze, but the sound continues...

I Can play a recored HDTV Transport Stream correctly with the H.264 Power DVD 7.3 Codec . I will post the screenshots of graphstudio later...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom